UAE Nationals are encouraged to apply.
New York University Abu Dhabi (NYUAD) seeks to appoint a Head of NYUAD Visiting Student Programs and Social Responsibility reporting to the Associate Vice Chancellor for Global Education & Outreach.
The Head of Visiting Student Programs and Social Responsibility provides tactical leadership for administering the Visiting Student Program and Office of Social Responsibility on the ground in Abu Dhabi.
For the Visiting Student Programs, the Head will provide up to 200 students from New York and Shanghai with excellent support for student academic and personal success. The satisfaction of the students with their program is a critically important strategy in the recruitment of future students and meeting both revenue and enrollment targets.
- Delivering an outstanding semester abroad program at NYUAD in all its dimensions (orientation, cultural programming, student development, academic advising, health and wellness, integration with NYUAD students, program evaluation, staff supervision)
- Delivering outstanding visiting group programs at NYUAD in all their dimensions (orientation, cultural and academic programming, health and wellness, risk management support, integration with NYUAD community, staff supervision)
- Liaising with the leadership of departments at NYUAD to develop special thematic programming in line with priorities for academic and personal developments of the visiting students
- Developing the capacity of the existing visiting student support program at NYUAD to support 200 visiting students per year (from 126 currently)
- Managing the day-to-day planning and operation of the Visiting Group Programs
- Serving as one of the senior academic advisors for visiting and NYUAD students.
- Administers the NYUAD’s adult education programming for 850+ contracted, sub-contracted, domestic workers, and all constituencies at NYUAD, including faculty, staff, post-docs, researchers, and grad/PhD students and their families
- Helps design and implements annual programming
- Supervises and sources all instructional staff (paid and volunteer)
- Oversees relationships with outside vendors providing a service to our community, including ETON Institute for 12 levels of English programming, Arabic, and IELTS prep instruction
- Oversees the orientation and assessment of all contracted, subcontracted, and domestic worker colleagues, English assessment, introduction to our adult education programming and the NYUAD campus community
- Models and fosters inclusion and compliance by hosting quarterly town halls and briefings with all contracted staff and domestic workers, making visible and accessible NYUAD's standards for labor practices and best practices for employers of domestic workers online and through updated documents for Compliance, Human Resources, NYUAD employers of domestic workers and the Vendors
- Works directly with Compliance in the development of DEI programming to help ensure vendors adhere to NYUAD’s Supplier Code of Conduct
- Liaise with Compliance on complaints raised by contracted staff and domestic workers about their employment conditions
- Presents the NYUAD model of education for and inclusion of contracted staff to other organizations in the UAE to promote adoption of similar programs in their organizations
- Designs and Implements the Le Naktashif Al Emarat (Let’s Explore the Emirates) program for faculty, staff, post-docs, grad students, researchers, and their dependents at NYUAD