UAE Nationals are encouraged to apply
New York University Abu Dhabi (NYUAD) seeks to appoint a Director of Graduate Academic Services reporting to the Assistant Vice Provost, Graduate & Post Doctoral Programs.
The Director, Graduate Academic Services is responsible for designing and implementing the academic policies, procedures, student services, and infrastructures that support the graduate education enterprise at NYUAD. This includes reviewing proposals for new programs at the master’s and doctoral levels; individual student case management; recordkeeping and analysis; drafting and reviewing guidelines; and similar tasks. Extensive collaboration with program faculty, the registrar’s office, accreditation and assessment staff, Institutional Research, etc. is anticipated. The post-holder will be available to students and faculty to consult on program academic requirements and milestones, and their impact on individual circumstances. The Director reports to the Assistant Vice Provost, Graduate & Postdoctoral Programs, and is a member of the Graduate & Postdoctoral Programs Office team.
This role will serve both graduate programs that are wholly managed by NYUAD, and those that are delivered in collaboration with NYU New York (and/or other university campuses).
- Analyze proposals for new graduate programs, and provide support to faculty in their design and implementation
- Create and implement academic policies and procedures that support the efficient running of graduate programs
- Participate in relevant committees and assist in shepherding proposals/policies through university approvals processes
- Stay abreast of accreditation and licensure requirements for the UAE, NY, and appropriate discipline-specific bodies
- Counsel students and faculty on program academic requirements and milestones
- Consult on student cases, interfacing with deans, program heads, faculty, and staff as necessary
- Review probationary terms; petitions for academic exceptions/leaves of absence/returns from leave, etc. and draft formal communications
- Ensure annual reviews of students are efficient and effectively communicated
- Process thesis/dissertation submissions
- Trains and assists divisional staff members tasked with graduate program administration
- Oversee the collection, analysis, and reporting of academic data
- Work with student-information systems to facilitate the tracking of student progress and research outcomes, and degree audit
- Evaluate the systems infrastructure that supports graduate education at NYUAD; liaise with systems analysts and engineers to implement effective student information systems within the broader framework of NYUAD technological infrastructure
- Implement policies that ensure a cybersecure technological environment
- Contribute to the planning of workshops and co-curricular learning opportunities that facilitate student academic success
- Other duties as assigned