UAE Nationals are encouraged to apply
New York University Abu Dhabi (NYUAD) seeks to appoint an Executive Communications and Speechwriter. The Executive Communications and Speechwriter reports to the Office of the Vice Chancellor and External Relations, and is primarily responsible for writing major addresses, brief remarks, talking points, opinion editorials, presentations, and internal and external communications for the Vice Chancellor and broader office as required. They will also be asked to develop materials and write for other members of the leadership team when necessary.
- Primary writer of speeches, remarks, talking points, articles, opinion editorials, and other public or internal comments by the Office of the Vice Chancellor.
- Working with the Office of the Vice Chancellor as well as External Relations, maintains awareness of schedules, key dates, and the expected length and topics for upcoming speaking engagements
- Ensures that the appropriate message development, positioning, and other core communications goals are accomplished in each piece
- Oversees all Executive correspondence for Vice Chancellor, including thank you notes, follow up letters, gift acknowledgments, etc
- Assists the Internal Communications Manager as required with reviewing, editing, and distributing internal executive communications
- Works with the AVC, External Relations and other senior leaders as required to keep informed of the University’s position on key events, issues, and policy, and develop messaging and remarks that align with the overall communications strategy
- Works closely with the Vice Chancellor and other members of the senior leadership team to develop an understanding of their style and preferences for speeches and remarks
- Works with the AVC, External Relations and Chief of Staff to the Vice Chancellor during the review, editing, and approval stage in order to ensure a high quality final product
- Assists in preparing briefing documents for the Vice Chancellor and other senior leadership team in advance of events, to ensure they are appropriately briefed and adequately prepared
- Conducts independent research to support and strengthen speeches, remarks, and other communications as required
- Performs other duties as required in support of the Public Affairs and Communications department