New York University Abu Dhabi (NYUAD) seeks to appoint a Financial Analyst.
Under the general direction of the Director of Fiscal Affairs, the Senior Analyst, Financial Planning and Analyst, is responsible for contributing to the Fiscal Affairs budget development exercise and strategic financial planning.
The Senior Analyst, Financial Planning and Analysis is responsible for developing budget templates, collating information and maintaining communication across critical stakeholders; for example, (but not limited to) the Office of Academic Appointments, Academic Divisions, Provost Admin Units, Controller’s Office, Budget Office, Global Education, Strategy team, Graduate Programs Office, the NYU New York Budget Office, individual department/program heads etc.
The Senior Analyst is expected to manage and deliver products which support the portfolio in yearly budget development and long-range financial planning, including advanced fiscal modeling & analysis, and develop reports and presentations which inform and identify financial risks at both the university and department or individual program levels. They will also be responsible for delivering against the agreed yearly budget development timeline, quarterly projection timeline, and biannual update of the university’s long-range planning model (10-year plan). The Senior Analyst, Financial Planning and Analysis, is also responsible for fielding and addressing queries from budget holders within the fiscal affairs portfolio and across the university when necessary.
- Assist the Manager and the Director of Fiscal Affairs in preparing the annual budget in line with the agreed budget development and delivery timeline
- In collaboration with the Office of Academic Appointments, develop detailed centralized budgets for academic staff, considering key drivers
- Receive budget estimates from the academic divisions and critically examine them for correctness, accuracy and completeness, including conformance with established procedures, regulations, and organizational objectives
- Coordinate with all Departments and conduct challenge sessions before consolidating and collating the annual budget. Suggest suitable amendments where required
- Coordinate with all Department Heads to obtain inputs and budget parameters for Planning. Assist in the compilation of the overall budget for review
- Coordinate budget consolidation from the different models and divisions/departments.
- Prepare and support the Director of Fiscal Affairs in delivering budget materials and strategic models for NYUAD leadership, finance and budget committees, including outputs to Tamkeen
- Working with the Manager and the Director of Fiscal Affairs, maintain and develop the university’s long-range financial plan, ensuring the different models and critical assumptions are updated in line with the agreed delivery timeline to inform the following year’s budget development
- Manage communication and information gathering across a critical group of internal stakeholders (academic divisions and units that fall under the Provost’s Office, budget office, procurement and controller’s office) to investigate variances against budgets (both revenue and expense) and thoroughly explained. Any risks or issues identified should be communicated to the Budget Office and fiscal affairs to ensure that everyone is aware of these
- Support the senior university leadership and relevant internal departments in financial modelling and reporting related to critical strategic decisions
- Regularly meet with the relevant teams in NY who require information from or supply information to NYUAD in support of the fiscal affairs budget portfolio
- Meet regularly with individual Department heads and critical budget links to discuss budget development, projections, and in-year variances and identify risks/issues ahead of time
- Pro-actively monitor actual expense and encumbrances against the budget and notify relevant Department Heads regarding any discrepancies. Coordinate and advise on budget modifications, transfers and reallocation
- Review financial data for reasonableness and accuracy and investigate and resolve unusual budget versus actual variances
- Monitor budget exceptions and through speaking to the relevant stakeholders and/or submitting budget adjustments resolve these in a timely manner
- Manage the development of quarterly projections for both centralized budgets (academic budget and OTPS.) as well as individual department budgets - based on budget owner input
- Develop and deliver financial modelling of academic and OTPS budgets to support strategic decision considerations, ad-hoc in-year queries or policy development
- Taking into account any material changes within the business process and/or policy/regulation changes which may impact expenses, undertake necessary updates to the academic budget models within long range financial plan
- Assist in cost benefit analysis of ad-hoc financial requests. Undertake research on alternative and reasonable funding methods
- Assist in answering queries and resolving issues across the full spectrum of the budget where resources require this
- Manage and direct day-to-day operational activities of direct reports to ensure timely delivery of activities
- Provide ongoing career development, support and coaching for direct reports
- Provide feedback to the team, and identify need-based training requirements for direct reports