UAE Nationals are encouraged to apply
New York University Abu Dhabi (NYUAD) seeks to appoint Audience and Events Services Manager reporting to the Director of Business Operations, Arts Center.
Audience and Events Services Manager will report to the Director of Business Operations and will utilize excellent managerial, coordination and administrative skills to support the delivery of the audience and event services to include front of house; guest services; event setup and box office services for The Arts Center.
The candidate will have the interpersonal acumen to serve as the public face of the venue for all visitors to The Arts Center as well as the logistical know how, working with the Director of Business Operations, to oversee the efficient management of the multiple performance venues, the lobby, seating areas, and other public spaces. The candidate will also coordinate the running of the box office, ticket sales/distribution and customer service aspects of The Arts Center.
As part of delivery of front of house services, the candidate will be responsible for managing ushers, support staff and volunteers. The candidate will be the primary manager to address customer services inquiries and complaints and should have the cultural versatility to relate to audiences of diverse cultural and generational backgrounds, and should be able to quickly and sensitively resolve audience concerns.
The role will also support the delivery and operation of the box office service from start to finish using the online box office system, including setting up events in the system, managing venue capacity, holds, allocating tickets through to ‘on sale’ via various websites and distribution/scanning for the performances.
This role will be key in working with the Director of Business Operations to develop and implement customer service strategies, process and service standards. The role will also help with reporting and data to other units within The Arts Center and NYUAD relating to audience attendance and feedback.
- Manage the delivery of a first-class experience for all Arts Center visitors, patrons, students, and audience members
- Manage the services team to deliver a welcoming, courteous, helpful, and efficient service to all members of the public, students, and faculty
- Manage logistical aspects of front of house operations including all general needs related to the lobby, seating areas, and other public assembly areas. Oversee and manage in-house promotional displays, brochures, and posters for upcoming events
- Manage box office and its staff, and ensuring they are appropriately trained in all aspects of customer service, FOH operations, Box Office and cash reconciliation. Administer and continuously refine processes for the box office system, sales, finance, reporting and evaluation of sales/issuance and system
- Lead, manage, provide relevant training, and manage the schedule of contract staff, volunteers and student ushers
- Use strong leadership techniques to engage, motivate, inspire and build rapport with FOH staff. And manage staff retention
- Design and deliver frequent training and team building activities for FOH and Box Office team
- Manage and implement efficient customer service processes to enable the FOH team to effectively assist patrons and defuse angry or unruly audience members, and address any crises as they arise in a professional manner
- Manage the Box Office Staff to ensure that event guest lists are accommodated appropriately
- Liaise with artists, production team and producers to understand audience seating and movement requirements for each performance
- Liaise with Production team to ensure smooth running of the performances
- Manage and assist with event hospitality requests through working with our partners ADNH, various external vendors and oversee receptions with high profile guests
- Manage nightly Front of House reports including house counts, deposits, lost and found, and patron feedback
- As well as being responsible for ticket sales, be responsible for the sales of other products and services, such as memberships, merchandise, or refreshments, including pre-performance meals
- Manage, create and distribute performance-related information to audiences before, during and after an event
- Create and deliver venue activations to enhance audience engagement
- Manage logistical needs related to the lobby, seating areas, and other public assembly areas. Oversee in-house promotional displays, brochures, audience advisories, house policies and posters for upcoming events
- Ensure the safety of visitors, volunteers, and staff through the proper implementation and enforcement of EHS, security and emergency procedures, in coordination with Campus Safety
- Support event administration planning and execution
- Provide frequent FOH and Box Office cost and expenses reports to Director of Business Operations
- Have visibility of the FOH and Box Office budget
- Support and develop the delivery of audience products and services
- Offer consultation to internal and external stakeholders on audience and event operations
- Create and execute FOH and Box Office processes for digital/online programming
- Oversee audience engagement during online and in person events
- Manage and update the organization’s CMS web management system
- Oversee and work all events that require FOH and Box Office Services
- Provide support for and work in collaboration with The Institute, Art Gallery and other Vice Provost business units to manage and execute departmental audience and event services for general operational, programming activities, events and initiatives, as required
- Shift work, weekends and evenings are required