UAE Nationals are encouraged to apply
New York University Abu Dhabi (NYUAD) seeks to appoint a Manager, Career Development Center Administration reporting to the Director, Career Development Center.
The Manager, Career Development Center Administration will operationally manage the services of the office. Their primary role is to provide administrative/clerical support, administrate technology infrastructure of the office, ensure staff coverage, execute and manage the office’s Global Career Peer (student peer advisor) program and lead the logistics of the CDC’s large-scale events. The Manager, Career Development Center Administration will be distinguished by his/her intelligence, flexibility, good judgment, enthusiasm, systems thinking, and contribution to the success of all aspects of NYU Abu Dhabi. The Manager, Career Development Center Administration will provide a broad range of support to the Career Development Center (CDC).
- Provide comprehensive executive-level support to the Assistant Dean and Director of the Career Development Center including, calendar and schedule management, monitoring and ensuring follow-up correspondence, and assists the Director in tracking costs, expenses and budgets of the department
- Lead logistics for a series of large scale events, including booking locations, arranging caterers, tracking responses, etc. This includes high profile events, external facing events, as well as internal focused events
- Identify appropriate vendors for supplies, resources and services; Negotiate rates and manage shipments/services rendered
- Prepare and track business reimbursements; Enter purchase requisitions into the institution’s electronic procurement system
- Ensure operations through staff coverage, and execute ongoing touchpoints with staff to ensure operational needs are met
- Interface with facilities as needed for space-related concerns, changes, and efficiencies
- Arrange travel and hotel accommodation for staff as needed
- Serve as a front-facing member of the CDC team, meeting and greeting students, faculty and staff, and external guests and fielding general questions
- Support the team administratively by answering the phone, sorting mail, photocopying and preparing materials for meetings and presentations
- Provide logistical arrangements for internal and external meetings (in-person, hybrid, and virtual)
- Support employer and external visitors’ related needs
- Oversee online file storage; Ensure efficient archiving and organization of team files/documentation
- Serve as the primary administrator for Handshake platform and regularly attend monthly meetings with administrators from NYU New York and NYU Shanghai to address issues and updates.
- Hire, train and supervise/mentor a team of ±10 student staff (Global Career Peers), who serve as peer advisors, facilitators, and administrative support.
- Oversee the Graduate School Expense process and Interview Travel Grant process
- Design and implement organization systems and processes to improve office functioning and service delivery
- Coordinate the onboarding and offboarding of team members in collaboration with line manager