New York University Abu Dhabi (NYUAD) seeks to appoint a Senior Project Lead, NYU Abu Dhabi Parent Program.
Under Assistant Professor of Psychology, Antje von Suchodoletz, the Senior Project Lead, NYU Abu Dhabi Parent Program is a senior administrator who leads the successful execution of a landmark grant funded by the Abu Dhabi Early Childhood Authority for the design, development, and measurement of a ‘home-grown’, culturally-grounded, and evidence-based Abu Dhabi-specific parenting program. The scope of this project also includes the design, development, and measurement of a facilitator training using innovative training, engagement, and research methods.
The Senior Project Lead provides senior-level leadership, strategic planning, stakeholder engagement, and manages a team who will support the implementation of this parenting program and facilitator training. This complex project is in collaboration with Zayed University and the Emirates College for Advanced Education as well as the funder and key partner, the Abu Dhabi Early Childhood Authority (ECA) and other government agencies, with the support of ECA, involved in Early Childhood Development. These stakeholders include but are not limited to the Abu Dhabi Department of Community Development, Department of Health, the Abu Dhabi Department of Education and Knowledge, the new Federal Authority for Early Childhood Education Authority, and others. The project is built on an ambitious 18 month timeline, the incumbent will therefore need to have high levels of project management and team leadership abilities. In addition to this, the Senior Project Lead will need to set up processes and procedures related to reporting, project management, budgeting, outreach, and advocacy between all stakeholders including team members based at our partner institutions - ZU and ECAE. The Project Managing Director will act as the key liaison between all stakeholders.
The Senior Project Lead will be supported by a Project Coordinator and will need to manage relationships and deliverables of vendors including, but not limited to, graphic designers, copy writers, translation companies, and videographers. This role is a pivotal position upon which the success of the program will rely. The incumbent will act as the linchpin between all stakeholders. As this project includes the implementation of the parenting program, not just the measurement and evaluation thereof, the Project Managing Director will need to have high levels of implementation and stakeholder engagement experience, preferably in the development or NGO sectors.
A core element of this role will be developing outreach and advocacy strategies. The incumbent is therefore expected to have experience in communications and advocacy on an international level, with an understanding of the Abu Dhabi context and needs specific to parents in Abu Dhabi. Additionally, the Project Managing Director will build a team of international advisors with experience in designing, implementing, and evaluating internationally-recognized parenting programs.
- Develop the strategy, workplan, processes, and procedures which will ensure the effective delivery of all elements of the Parenting Program
- Oversee all aspects of the implementation of the Parenting Program and facilitator trainings
- Recruit a Program Coordinator, research staff, students, and multiple vendors in coordination with HR departments at NYUAD, ECAE, and Zayed University, where applicable
- Build a network of Global Advisors including systems and processes for engagement and feedback, leveraging international and regional expertise focused on parenting initiatives
- Provide support to faculty members on all administrative aspects of the program, acting as the lead liaison to the ECA and other stakeholders
- Manage the budget with the support of the Project Coordinator
- Supervise and oversee performance of the Project Coordinator and multiple vendors who will be involved in the lifecycle of the project
- Ensures that project timelines and review processes across three academic institutions, multiple vendors, and government agencies are adhered to for the timely delivery of all project milestones and deliverables, with the support of the Project Coordinator
- Develop reporting mechanisms for educational institutions (NYUAD, ZU, ECAE) and the funder (ECA)
- Develop administrative processes and procedures related to budgeting and subawards
- Develop outreach and advocacy strategies and processes targeted to multiple audiences
- Develop a dissemination and outreach strategy, leveraging the public affairs departments of the educational institutions and funder to garner public attention, institutional support, and high-level buy-in for the Parenting Program
- Provide leadership and professional development opportunities to the Program Coordinator to ensure that outreach materials such as press releases, reports, briefs, social media posts, etc. are developed and disseminated at key points during the project lifecycle
- Provide leadership to the Project Coordinator in developing opportunities to foster relationships between the Parenting Program administrative, research, and student staff in order to develop a team which is collaborative, trusting, supportive, and leverages each other’s strengths
- Manage the development of theories of change for the parenting program and facilitator training, synthesizing workshops with Global Advisors and insights from Faculty members during the Preparation Phase of the program
- Lead the development of parent training and facilitator training handbooks and materials based upon the research and recommendations of Faculty members with the support of the Project Coordinator and copywriting and design vendors
- In conjunction with a media agency, develop a strategy for the recruitment of parents
- In conjunction with the ECA, develop a strategy for the recruitment, interviewing, and onboarding of facilitators
- In conjunction with faculty members, develop a strategy for mentorship and feedback mechanisms from facilitators and parents
- Work closely with a vendor and the ECA to develop a logo and visual identity of the parenting program
- Develop mechanisms for pre-pilot testing focus groups of the parenting program, facilitator training, and visual identity of the parenting program
- Develop a strategy for focus group feedback during pre-pilot stages of the parenting program and facilitator materials to ensure continuous enhancement of program throughout the project lifecycle.
- Implements feedback from pre-pilot stages of the parenting program, in coordination with team members
- Leads the development and strategy of advocacy and reporting of program findings and future planning
- Leads the development of future funding opportunities for the Abu-Dhabi specific parenting program, leading grant writing and grant sourcing opportunities