UAE Nationals are encouraged to apply
New York University Abu Dhabi (NYUAD) seeks to appoint an Executive Director for Emirati Pathway Programs, reporting to the Senior Associate Vice Chancellor for Strategy and Planning.
This Executive Director Emirati Pathway Programs will develop, implement and oversee delivery of the Emirati pathway programs outlined below:
- The NYUAD Summer Academy (SA): a two-year program designed to enhance the academic profiles of highly motivated Abu Dhabi-based Emirati high school students by preparing them for entry into top-tier English-language universities.
- The Sheikh Mohamed Scholars Program (SMSP): a program that is open to top students at the three national UAE universities; Zayed University (ZU), the United Arab Emirates University (UAEU), and Higher Colleges of Technology (HCT); and provides unique access to specially designed courses, lectures, leadership experiences, networking.
- The Academic Enrichment Program (AEP): provides degree-seeking NYUAD Emirati students with additional support, enrichment activities, and the skills needed to excel and thrive in a world-class research and liberal arts institution.
- The PhD pathway program: a new program that aims to address the challenge of underrepresentation of Emirati PhDs and professors.
- Work with other units on other programs that target Emirati students, such as Kawader, a-Research Assistant & Post-Doc development program
These programs form the core of NYU Abu Dhabi’s Emirati Pathway Programs, which offer rigorous educational, cross-cultural, and leadership development experiences to Emirati students, from the prospective college stage through the PhD and postdoc, and equip students from local institutions for admission to the world's top undergraduate and graduate programs.
- Spearhead the development and revision of the Emirati pathway programs, current and new
- Support the Senior Associate Vice Chancellor for Strategy and Planning in overseeing programs and initiatives in support of academic success and outstanding learning experiences for all students and developing, reviewing, and implementing the policies and academic integrity frameworks for the Emirati Pathway Programs
- Contribute to the long and mid-range strategy as well as provide day-to-day stability for supported programs
- Lead on special projects as assigned by the Senior Associate Vice Chancellor for Strategy and Planning
- Design the long and mid-range strategy as well as providing day-to-day stability for supported programs
- Work with faculty to provide resources to support the learning environments, including reviews of curricula, syllabi, and pedagogical methods to ensure a rich diversity of perspectives, as well as interdisciplinary options, across our educational offerings
- Plan initiatives to ensure student success; promote an environment that creates a campus culture that appreciates, respects and celebrates the cultural norms and values of an international community of scholars in resident in Abu Dhabi
- Anticipate the changing needs of students, keeping abreast of evolving initiatives and programming priorities, and fostering student mentoring
- Collaborate with faculty and advisors to develop policies, responses and solutions to student issues, concerns and problems
- Prepare the programs’ annual operating budget, monitor budget performance, and assure that all expenditure is administered in compliance with NYUAD approved policies and requirements
- Collaborate with NYUAD Senior Administration and NYU administrators in New York and on NYU’s global sites to develop the supported programs’ exposure to the global sites
- Hire all faculty, participate in student candidate selection, manage all staff responsible for the program, deliver and develop the programmatic activities and manage the budget
- May also lead courses