UAE Nationals are encouraged to apply
New York University Abu Dhabi (NYUAD) seeks to appoint an Associate Director, Corporate Relations to serve as leader for the corporate relations team working with the NYUAD student body and career services team.
The Associate Director will develop a program-wide approach to corporate recruiting and hiring that is aligned with both NYU New York and NYU Abu Dhabi. They will build out communication and engagement with future employers and throughout the school. They will cultivate relationships with companies that are potential partners for NYUAD and that can act as influencers for promoting programs at NYUAD. They will identify and offer meaningful programs and services that advance the mutual interests of NYUAD, the alumni body within corporate partners, and supporting employers. Collaborate with corporate partners to secure their commitment to hire NYUAD students/alumni. The incumbent will work with the Development and Alumni Relations team at both NYUNY and NYUAD to create integrated alumni engagement and giving programs within companies. Collaborate with other key internal department leaders to develop short and long-term objectives. Develop and nurture internal partnerships with faculty, key administrative areas, and student leaders. Related activities should support and/or enhance the strategic directives of NYUAD. Support NYUAD’s local and global outbound strategies by seeking to engage key international alumni leaders and corporations.
- Develop short and long-term strategy to secure and engage corporate partners. Work with corporate partners to ensure job opportunities for NYUAD students and alumni, and corporate projects for internships
- Work on building a Corporate Relations Council (CRC), including leading, setting strategy and ensuring high strategic collaboration with the CRC and representative stakeholders to maximize impact on a comprehensive partnership with corporations
- Develop advisory board guidelines, outreach, and partner with faculty on board management
- Develop strategic outreach communication plans and leverage that knowledge to match corporate partners with NYUAD
- Build out better communication and engagement within the program including communication timelines and plans
- Develop a holistic approach to ensure all areas of NYUAD and other externally-facing areas of NYUAD are working together on corporate sponsorship
- Create new ways to connect people to NYUAD and to build out relationships.
- Spearhead efforts to create new partners to support potential future programs at NYUAD and also enhance current partnerships at NYU and NYUAD
- Develop and nurture internal partnerships with faculty, key administrative areas, and student leaders
- Develop relationships with faculty to better understand their needs in accessing corporations
- Identify internal administrative areas that need corporate support and develop plans for corporate engagement
- Partner with student leaders on speakers and sponsorship for club activities and student led conferences
- Act as the point person for faculty on corporate sponsorship
- Direct strategy and provide management oversight to Corporate Relations team as they work to build a comprehensive alumni engagement and giving program amongst NYU, NYUAD and NYUAD’s closest corporate partners
- Strive to meet mutual needs and stakeholder interests in developing a pipeline of alumni ambassadors and donor recruiting and retention
- Also support stakeholder interest in increased visibility, access to and support of research and thought/practitioner leaders, institutional and alma mater pride and business development
- In close collaboration with the Development and Alumni Relations teams at NYUNY and NYUAD, engage in cultivation and planning for solicitation taking into account key institutional relationships, which can help leverage conversation, and solicitation. Create a joint strategy for major gifts and annual giving that is coordinated with overall alumni relations planning