UAE Nationals are encouraged to apply
New York University Abu Dhabi (NYUAD) seeks to appoint an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Investigator reporting to the Executive Director, Inclusion & Equity.
It is essential that interested candidates have 1) a J.D. degree (law degree) or equivalent educational credentials and 2) direct and current experience of conducting investigations related to employment-based discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
The Office of Inclusion and Equity (OIE) is the primary office at NYUAD responsible for ensuring compliance with U.S. and UAE laws and regulations regarding equal opportunity, Title VII and Title IX Compliance, and equitable employment practices. The Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Investigator will be responsible for conducting independent and unbiased investigations of complaints of discrimination, harassment and retaliation in accordance with New York University’s Non-Discrimination and Anti-Harassment Policy and Complaint Procedures for Employees, and its Sexual Misconduct, Relationship Violence, and Stalking Policy. The EEO Investigator will collaborate and consult with the Office of General Counsel, the Provost’s Office, Compliance and Risk Management, Human Resources, and other University offices regarding matters related to the University’s equal opportunity policies. S/he will also conduct awareness education and training sessions, advise employees regarding inclusionary best practices, and assist with data gathering and analysis for NYUAD’s compliance with applicable laws and university policies.
- Conduct prompt, thorough and timely investigations of complaints of discrimination, sexual misconduct, sexual harassment, gender-related violence including stalking and relationship violence filed by and against employees based on EEO protected characteristics including but not limited to: race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, and/or any other legally protected characteristic
- Perform intake inquiries and assess for appropriate response and/or referral to other University offices as needed.
- Investigation duties will include, but are not limited to: developing an investigation plan, analyzing complaint to identify allegations, interviewing complainants, respondents, witnesses, and managers, etc.
- Identify and collect relevant documentation, and appropriately document and summarize interviews and other investigatory findings in accordance with relevant University policies, procedures and practices
Reports, Case Load, Compliance Analysis
- Manage an extensive caseload; develop and maintain accurate and comprehensive investigatory records including master case log
- Draft in-depth and impartial reports based on facts revealed in investigations and analyses conducted with respect to applicable laws and NYU policies, factual background, summaries of allegations and witness interviews, analysis of relevant legal or policy standards, and conclusions. Work with the Executive Director to revise and finalize draft reports
- Gather and analyze data for NYU Abu Dhabi’s compliance with applicable laws and university policies, and other assessment purposes
Awareness Education, Training and Evaluation
- Provide awareness education and training to faculty, staff, research, academic support employees on issues of prohibited discrimination, harassment, and retaliation in accordance with University policy and best practices
- Assist the Executive Director with the continuous improvement and development of awareness education programs and materials
- Participate in campus initiatives aimed at cultivating and sustaining an inclusive environment; make recommendations for greater effectiveness of inclusion goals and objectives
- Administer, collate and analyze data from evaluation surveys, and other feedback mechanisms
Outreach and Development
- Develop and cultivate relationships and maintain clear lines of communication with NYUAD partners, offices, leaders and constituent groups
- Stay abreast of current movements and industry best practices by participating in professional development activities (conferences, associations, etc.) as assigned by the Executive Director