UAE Nationals are encouraged to apply
New York University Abu Dhabi (NYUAD) seeks to appoint a Clinical Psychologist reporting to the Director of Health & Wellness.
The Clinical Psychologist will provide clinical assessment, psychotherapy, group therapy, and crisis intervention and management to the NYU Abu Dhabi student community in accordance with established standards and ethics.
- Provides outstanding clinical services, case management and referrals, collaborates with other clinical providers and consults with the Director of Counseling on mental health issues
- Maintains case records, notes, and closing summaries on all clients treated. Ensures standards of care at NYUAD are aligned with those at NYU Washington Square
- Conducts clinical assessment interviews to evaluate the seriousness of problems and concerns including, but not limited to, alcohol and other drug use and assessment of eating disorders
- Recommends treatment plans and provides students with individual psychotherapy or group therapy as appropriate
- Under the direct supervision of the Director of Counseling, makes recommendations for hospitalization and leaves of absence and, at the request of the Dean of Students, participates in the evaluation of students’ readiness to return from leaves of absence
- Participates in multi-disciplinary treatment and support teams, and collaborates with student health professionals at the Student Health Center and Wellness Exchange at NYU in New York
- The Wellness Counselor maintains case records, notes and closing summaries on clients treated
- Serves in an on-call capacity to respond to student and campus emergencies, and serves as a key resource and source of advice for colleagues involved in responding to psychological emergencies and other urgent situations