UAE Nationals are encouraged to apply
New York University Abu Dhabi (NYUAD) seeks to appoint an Admissions Officer reporting to the Senior Assistant Director of Admissions.
The Admissions Officer is responsible for front-line undergraduate student outreach, recruitment, evaluation, retention, and yield activities for NYUAD. Successful execution of those responsibilities will result in an increase of viable applicants and matriculated students. This position focuses on recruitment within the UAE, with a possibility of international recruitment in the MENA territory.
In addition to the activities listed above, Admissions Officers will be assigned one or more special projects, such as:
- UAE diversity initiatives
- UAE Feeder programs (University Prep Program)
- UAE Stakeholder & government relations
- UAE Parent relations
- Recruitment & Outreach: Work with admissions staff to plan, implement and participate in a variety of recruitment events including, education fairs, school visits, stakeholder meetings, and secondary counselor/educator events. Conduct outreach at secondary schools in the UAE targeting top students who fit NYUAD’s admissions criteria. Establish and maintain relationships with counselors and administrators at secondary schools to identify and recruit top students to make applications to NYUAD. Advise prospective students and parents on the application process and all aspects of the NYUAD student experience
- Admissions selection process: Work with admissions colleagues in Abu Dhabi and New York to represent characteristics of top students from local high schools, and advocate for these students during the admissions process and Candidate Weekends. Act as a first-reader of applications during the admissions process to highlight potential candidates for Candidate Weekend invitations and acceptance to NYUAD. Inform admissions colleagues of contextual information relevant to a student’s file based on their high school background and curriculum
- Follow-Up & Yield: Follow up with applicants and counselors regarding completion of nominations, applications, and financial aid applications. Follow up with admitted students to encourage a 100% yield. Sensitively handle situations with parents, students, or counselors regarding a student who is not offered admission
- On-Campus admissions representation and advising: Participate in organizing and hosting on-campus events such as workshops, info sessions, and campus tours. Speak with visitors to the campus about admissions- and university-related topics including the curriculum, financial aid, applying, faculty, extracurricular life, and other opportunities for students. Support the implementation of Candidate and Counselor Weekends
- Participate in various NYUAD admissions-wide trainings and strategic planning sessions in New York or Abu Dhabi. Support other offices on campus with events related to the NYUAD campus community (such as Marhaba, Parent Marhaba, and Commencement)