UAE Nationals are encouraged to apply
New York University Abu Dhabi (NYUAD) seeks to appoint a Physical Education Instructor reporting to the Physical Education Curriculum Manager.
The Physical Education Instructor teaches a wide variety of physical education classes, including preparing lesson plans, overseeing schedule and facility space for PE, determining equipment needs, evaluation of student progress and recording attendance. This position will assist the Physical Education Manager with ongoing curriculum development and the introduction and facilitation of new courses.
- Prepare appropriate lesson plans and instruct a maximum of four physical education classes each term.
- Structure classes with clear learning outcomes inclusive of physical activity that meet objectives
- Effectively organize space, equipment, and students according to PE schedule.
- Develop and update curriculum for assigned PE courses, as necessary
- Track daily attendance and assess lesson plans regularly by maintaining written and electronic documentation on assigned PE classes
- Evaluate student progress and provide regular feedback to further develop skills and abilities
- Assist the Physical Education Manager regarding scheduling and planning of classes to ensure a variety of classes are offered that meet the needs of students
- Assist the Physical Education Manager in the promotion of physical education classes and ensuring all website are up to date with current offerings and information
- Plan, propose and introduce new courses by preparing course descriptions, promoting classes and developing syllabi
- Play a leadership role in the overall development of the university’s physical education program
- Assist in determining PE budget; submit and pay for invoices through Epro for external instructors of PE program
- Assist in department wide events and initiatives – which can include evenings and weekends where necessary
- Perform other duties as assigned