UAE Nationals are encouraged to apply
New York University Abu Dhabi (NYUAD) seeks to appoint a Director Employee Relations, reporting to the Deputy Chief Human Resources Officer - Employee Relations, Learning and Engagement. The Director will direct the overall Employee Relations portfolio and strategic employee relations plan for NYUAD.
The incumbent will develop and deliver high impact programs and activities to develop manager and employee relationships. The individual will also be responsible for the planning and implementation of plans and implements goals and objectives in areas of employee relations, in addition to developing, implementing and ensuring consistent adherence to policies, programs, and procedures within the context of the NYUAD principles and Code of Conduct. They will provide consultation and advise leadership and senior management on employee and workplace issues. The Director will also manage employee performance gap/shortfall issues and the separation policy and procedures.
- Identifies areas of potential legal and compliance risk and works with the Office of General Counsel to develop appropriate responses including education, policy changes and direct intervention. Identifies areas of vulnerability, informing and advising the Deputy Chief Human Resources, Employee Relations, Learning & Engagement to ensure appropriate assessment and interventions
- Acts as a strong advocate for employee issues and works with the Deputy Chief Human Resources, Employee Relations, Learning & Engagement to develop methods to ensure staff input, concerns and grievances are facilitated consistent with our mission and values
- Partners with the Director, HR Business Partners on relevant employee relations activities related to the impact of institutional reorganizations & resulting restructures Advise and senior management and HR Business Partners on redundancy implications resulting from these activities ensuring best practice outcomes by developing and implementing separation proposals and communication strategies
- Investigates complex disciplinary situations, gathers evidence, takes statements, formulate case summaries and advises Deputy Chief Human Resources, Employee Relations, Learning & Engagement of recommendations. Oversees formal disciplinary action against employees
- In partnership with Director, Learning & Organizational development, provides ongoing consulting guidance, coaching and training to Senior Managers, Managers and staff, with respect to employee relations programs and activities. Delivers proactive plans and programs to positively influence employee relations. Monitors trends and reports progress on outcomes and recommendations throughout the year. In partnership with the Director of Learning and Organizational Development facilitates group process to build effective working relationships throughout the organization, using collaboration and team-building skills
- Oversee the exit interview process providing regular feedback to the Deputy Chief Human Resources, Employee Relations, Learning & Engagement. Maintains employee relations information, including confidential files and records of employees under performance and disciplinary actions
- Lead the analysis and interpretation of people-related metrics to identify trends and inform the development and improvement of ER policies, processes and management development activities Through the analysis and interpretation of internal and external ER-related data sources, identify trends and develop appropriate recommendations for value-adding and strategic ER interventions that meet organizational and customer specific needs. Ensure the impacts of these initiatives are measurable and evidenced
- Oversee and manage the university’s Employee Well-being Program (EWP). Undertake regular evaluation of statistical data for trend analysis on potential areas of opportunity for service enhancement and improvement
- Manage the Employee Relations Manager. Activities include and are not limited to: performance management, regular coaching, knowledge transfer, delegation of accountabilities, supervise deliverables, etc. Develop, and facilitate training on employee relations topics and best practices to HR business partners
- Other projects and duties as assigned from time to time