UAE Nationals are encouraged to apply
New York University Abu Dhabi (NYUAD) seeks to appoint an Administrative Assistant to support the Center for Cyber Secuirty, Abu Dhabi (CCS-AD).
The vision for CCS-AD is to become a world class cyber security center that partners with key local universities, industry and government agencies in order to facilitate cyber security research, education, and practice in the region. The center will help advance the UAE’s regional and global visibility and competitiveness in cyber security. The Administrator will ensure that all administrative tasks are organized and completed on an as and when needed basis. He/She is responsible for the day-to-day management of administrative functions. A high degree of initiative, independence of action, and ability to achieve results without explicit guidance is expected, as is the ability to work quickly and efficiently, particularly during busy times.
- Responsible for executing and finalizing operational and administrative activities of the Center to include implementing and managing day-to-day procedures; providing administrative support to the CCS-AD PIs (located in NY), AD faculty associated with CCS-AD, the Center Director, and Center Manager; management of personal and shared calendars; coordination of internal meetings and with New York; organizing events; and maintaining CCS-AD mailing lists, databases and files
- Assist in operational tasks related to human resources management of the Center; prepare and coordinate all necessary information and tasks to support stakeholders of the center to oversee the hiring of researchers; review process, and leave tracking; execute the onboarding/offboarding of CCS-AD personnel (researchers, students, faculty, visitors); update and manage CCS-AD visitors logistics and bookings
- Execute tasks related to budget and financial management of the Center, including; overseeing purchasing needs, reimbursement of CCS-AD personnel; processing honorariums, and other budget and expense data for the Center; reviewing expenses and invoices for accuracy; investigating discrepancies, and report results to supervisor; submitting expense reports; updating internal central financial audit sheets and logs
- Organize small and large-scale events held by CCS-AD (e.g. workshops, conferences, CSAW, panels, advisory board meetings, etc.) including; arrangement of all event and guest logistics (e.g. travel, accommodation, transportation, equipment; execute travel and accommodation requests; reaches out and follows up with various MENA universities to send teams to conference/ event/ CSAW; coordinates with CSAW NY team; oversees logistics for other events across the region that CCS-AD participates in (e.g. hardware CTF as part of other conferences/ events)
- Oversee and execute the re-design of CCS-AD website and coordinate efforts with CCS in New York
- Execute regular weekly updates of the website on research, news, and event announcement content and receive, forward, respond to and archive inquiries sent to CRISSP-AD
- Actively uses social media (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook) to promote Cyber Security research and education worldwide
- Facilitate general outreach activities with the local Cyber Security constituencies