UAE Nationals are encouraged to apply
New York University Abu Dhabi (NYUAD) seeks to appoint a Manager, Compensation & Benefits reporting to the Director, Compensation, Benefits and HRIS.
The Manager, Compensation & Benefits will be responsible for managing the NYUAD compensation and benefits programs. The role will develop, review and recommend total rewards, compensation and benefits policies across NYU Abu Dhabi. Additionally, the post holder will counsel managers on how to apply those policies in practice, assisting in designing, planning, and implementing competitive compensation programs, policies, and procedures to achieve the organization's desired position in market and compensation goals.
- Provide compensation consulting and thought leadership to business. Design incentive compensation plans that align with NYUAD’s compensation philosophy to sustain NYUAD’s competitive advantage in the marketplace
- Perform complex analyses, and liaise with 3rd party consultants to present findings to senior management
- Administratively manage the compensation related projects and initiatives involving multiple stakeholders with significant strategic and financial impact. Continually assessing market conditions and pay practices to ensure competitiveness of compensation plans and programs
- Manage the NYUAD’s job evaluation and market pricing processes, both for individual positions and large-scale projects. Oversee the maintenance of the MRR structure, including periodic review of range midpoints. Review all compensation and benefits structures annually to ensure competitiveness. Create policies and guidelines to govern the promotions, market adjustments, and in-band role enhancements to ensure all transaction follow these policies. Flag areas of concern and recommend appropriate solutions
- Develop and propose NYUAD’s annual merit budget analysis with zero error. Recommend the allocation of NYUAD’s budget among merit, market adjustment, and promotion pools. Review market data to determine NYUAD’s overall competitive positioning relative to the market and present those recommendations to internal stakeholders
- Oversee all regional analyses and recommendations of allowances such as housing, transportation and other standard benefits such as health insurance, life and disability insurance, retirement, private school fee payments and home travel. Respond to and resolve employee inquiries or concerns regarding benefits, services and coverage issues. Working with the Compensation and Benefits Team, administer the annual open enrollment for health insurance, manage relationships with vendors. Help to resolve service issues and improve and streamline processes
- Oversee the complete health plans administration. Ensure health coverage enrollment meet employee visa processing requirements for Immigration. Audit vendor billing and coordinate payments with vendor and NYUAD finance. Be informed and respond to latest HAAD and other regulatory requirements. Manage vendor, NYUNY and local partner relationships. Manage the analysis and recommend annual cost sharing model in determination of employee co-pays. Support management decision by analyzing benefit options and predicting future costs
- Oversee the retirement plan administration process. Manage vendor relations and NYUNY & NYUAD interdepartmental administration for 403(b), International Pension Plan, Abu Dhabi Retirement Pensions & Benefits Fund and GCC Pension Schemes. Hold information sessions. Oversee the Mistake of Fact calculations and administer the appropriate adjustments when necessary
- Manage the Life and Disability Insurance administration. Conduct annual audits of insurance claims between employee and insurer
- Develop and conduct compensation training for managers and employees, as needed. Maintain industry awareness of compensation, wage and hour, human resources and business intelligence, trends, and practices; apply same to enhance department productivity and efficiency
- Manage the hiring requisition and status changes for all administrative position across NYUAD. Manage the planning and administrations of the annual salary increase program. Oversee the benefits administration. Audit, analyze and recommend process improvements and policy recommendations. Work closely and partner with colleagues in the New York office.
- Assist with special projects; collect and compile data; assemble materials; generate reports for Manager and Directors. Interpret human resources policies and guidelines, agreements, and employment laws
- Assist with process analysis and improvement
- Contribute to HR website