UAE Nationals are encouraged to apply
New York University Abu Dhabi (NYUAD) seeks to appoint a Psychiatrist reporting to the Executive Director, Health Center.
The Psychiatrist will provide diagnostic psychiatric assessments, formulate medical treatment programs and provide follow-up care to NYUAD students; prepare and maintain medical records on patients treated. Instruct and review patient assessments and treatments charted by psychiatric residents.
- Provide diagnostic psychiatric assessments, formulate medical treatment programs and provide follow-up care to NYUAD students.
- Communicate and educate patients about their psychiatric diagnosis and treatment. Prepare and maintain medical records on patients treated in accordance with Student Health Center Counseling Services policies and procedures. Instruct and review patient assessments and treatments completed by psychiatric residents
- Consult with non-psychiatric Student Health Center (SHC) Counseling Services staff
- concerning patients' medical history and onset of symptoms for case management and treatment planning
- Attend professional meetings at SHC Counseling Services. Participate in accredited continuing medical education to ensure knowledge of new treatments and practices in the field. Maintain current appropriate medical credentials (e.g., New York State medical license and Drug Enforcement Agency registration) in order to write prescriptions