UAE Nationals are encouraged to apply
New York University Abu Dhabi (NYUAD) seeks to appoint a Director of Academic Assessment and Accreditation, working alongside, and in consultation with the Vice Provost for Institutional Research, Assessment and Academic Affairs.
The Director of Academic Assessment and Accreditation will be required to support the Institutional Research, Assessment and Academic Affairs department to ensure the highest standards are met. This will include adhering to the UAE, US and other accreditation body requirements, supporting with the implementation of programs and policies, and promote a critical self-evaluation culture within the academic programs and division within the university. In addition to the above, they will be required to be an ambassador for NYUAD, communicating with the professional accreditation bodies as required, and provide support for other non-academic departments to ensure continuous improvement.
- In consultation with the Vice Provost for Academic Administration leads institutional licensure and program accreditation activities in accordance with the requirements of UAE, US, and professional accreditation bodies as appropriate
- Supporting senior faculty in designing and monitoring the implementation of measures of academic program and policy assessment
- Promote and support the culture of critical self-evaluation and continuous quality improvement within academic programs and divisions
- In collaboration with the Office of Institutional Research collate data and conduct analyses as required, in response to requests from our government partners, UAE, US and professional accreditation bodies
- Support and continue to develop the framework of administrative support for institutional and program assessment
- Stay current with trends, developments and regulatory requirements relating to academic program and institutional accreditation
- Act as the primary contact person for Adek, CAA and Middle States, and other professional accreditation bodies as appropriate
- Provide support and guidance for non-academic departments as they develop a culture of critical self-evaluation and continuous quality improvement
- In conjunction with the Registrar oversee the general functioning of the Office of Academic Administration in the absence of the Vice Provost