UAE Nationals are encouraged to apply
New York University Abu Dhabi (NYUAD) seeks to appoint a Research & Group Coordinator to join The Genome Heritage Group.
The Coordinator will be an experienced individual who will conduct & manage diverse projects undertaken by the group. The Research & Group Coordinator plays a vital role in the sustenance of the research group and is responsible for managing the long-term projects of the group as well as daily operations. The Research & Group Coordinator takes responsibility for all aspects of the lab, including but not limited to: research and fieldwork, collaborations, overall management of the laboratory, outreach activities, and handling laboratory operations to ensure the group runs smoothly on a day to day basis. A large fraction of the responsibility will be conducting research and fieldwork in Abu Dhabi and elsewhere, including extended periods of stay in resource limited setting in remote locations. Part of the responsibilities will include project management, initiating/maintaining collaborations, outreach activities, and lab website as well as handling laboratory operations.
- Conduct surveys and biological sampling during fieldwork, which may be in highly resource limited areas and for extensive periods of time
- Manage and support administrative side of the group including assisting in tracking progress/outcomes of all of the projects and proactively tracing deadlines and permit renewals (in-country permissions, IRB, external grants, etc.)
- Assist in preparation of progress reports as and when required by grants, renewals, or regulatory agencies
- Provide administrative and programmatic support on all aspects of the project including assistance in obtaining approvals (in-country permissions, IRB, IUCAC, etc.), and update the PI regularly on aspects related to project administration
- Work with diverse organizations and individuals in Nepal (e.g. community organizations, research institutions, and the government agencies) to coordinate outreach/educational/research activities. Plus, oversee and/or execute all logistical aspects, including planning, organizing, and executing tasks related to a genomics symposium to be conducted in Nepal in 2023
- Handle all grant related communications, including the website management and social media presence by consistently updating publications, news, media coverage, etc. resulting from the group’s work. Assist in writing and coordinating with Nepali and Hindi language newspapers to publish summaries of the work performed in the lab
- Day to day laboratory operations and management including but not limited to assisting in developing and maintaining a up-to-date database of relevant research; be familiar with the regulatory and safety requirements specific to the lab and ensure all users are in compliance with those standards; schedule, conduct, and document necessary trainings for new/existing lab users on the correct use of the lab equipment and safety procedures in addition to mentoring and disciplining lab users for not following safety policies/procedures that have been established for the lab; oversee laboratory safety and ensure that the laboratory remains in compliance with all regulations, document and ameliorate non-compliance instances