UAE Nationals are encouraged to apply
New York University Abu Dhabi (NYUAD) seeks to appoint an Executive Assistant reporting to the Dean for Arts and Humanities, this is a fixed term contract until December 31, 2021.
The Executive Assistant (EA) will be requiredto perform a wide range of clerical, secretarial and general office duties including those of a confidential nature. They will provide executive calendar and travel coordination and correspondence management for the Dean as well as support with his research-related work. The incumbent will respond to inquiries on behalf of the Dean displaying a comprehensive knowledge of the division’s activities, policies and programs. They will be responsible for customizing and/or composing letters on own initiative or in response to requests for information
Coordinates administrative interactions among the Executives in Abu Dhabi and the GNU Assist in managing calendars of the A&H associate deans for activities pertaining to the Dean's support.
As this role is temporary in nature, candidates who can start immediately are preferred.
- Manage executive’s calendar, contacts and database. Schedule appointments, maintain individual and/or department calendar and make arrangements for meetings and travel to and from the University. Schedule and provide support for meetings, including videoconferences. Monitor activity of executive’s operating and research account and maintain data on spreadsheets. File for reimbursement on behalf of the executive. Compare invoices with actual expenditures and investigate and resolve discrepancies with the budget office. Maintain expense and reimbursement records
- Maintain hard-copy and electronic confidential files and records and document management/retrieval systems. Establish a monitoring and status-of-work reporting system regarding ongoing office projects for which the Executive is responsible. Perform clerical duties: photocopy and fax materials, process forms, maintain office files and records, pick up/deliver mail and materials, etc
- Respond to calls and requests for information. Review and process mail, correspondence and internal documentation. Manage and support any delegations and business visitors related to the executive's functional responsibility Screen visitors to determine how to help or direct them to the appropriate person or office
- Serve as representative with external stakeholders on behalf of the executive to represent the University in a professional manner, ensuring that the executive is relieved of as many administrative tasks as possible, adding value to ensure the executive can focus time on strategic issues
- Analyze issues, data, research and produce routine reports as required. Customize and/or compose letters on own initiative or in response to administrative matters for supervisor's review and approval. Proofread documents for accuracy and completeness. Perform other general word processing duties. Modify and/or create databases and complex spreadsheets Perform special assignments and projects assigned by the executive and his/her designated team members