UAE Nationals are encouraged to apply
New York University Abu Dhabi (NYUAD) seeks to appoint a HPC Application Specialist, reporting to the Senior Director, Center for Research Computing.
The HPC Application Specialist will work as part of a team to provide researchers and faculty with user support, training, day-to-day assistance for the installation and configuration of HPC and data intensive applications and occasionally collaborate with researchers where the candidate’s expertise can contribute to a project’s success.
- Day-to-day user support including Installing, Compiling and debugging research applications and provide documentation
- Respond and address all user requests, questions and queries received via the ticketing system, email, phone or face-to-face
- Provide user training, develop and maintain training material, how-tos and tutorials for the users. Manage the wiki and website
- Monitor HPC resource utilization and generate utilization reports
- Proactively insure that users are kept up to date on the system status and any downtime that would impact the users
- Contribute to research projects with HPC technical expertise
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of software and HPC resource capabilities including continuing study and attending seminars and conferences