UAE Nationals are encouraged to apply
New York University Abu Dhabi (NYUAD) seeks to appoint an Executive Assistant reporting to the Director, Office of the Provost.
The Executive Assistant handles operational and administrative details for the Office of the Provost and performs administrative functions that require a comprehensive knowledge of University policies, procedures, and operations and an understanding of NYU Abu Dhabi’s role within the community. The candidate exercises initiative and judgment in managing the schedule, and uses discretion in sharing information to stakeholders, as well as coordinate activities within the Office of the Provost and across administrative functions of the University.
- Provide high-level secretarial and administrative support to the Office of the Provost including preparation of correspondence, records and other clerical documentation on a daily basis
- Manage the calendar and work schedule of the Provost to ensure effective time management is maintained with availability for daily meeting requirements and schedules. Arrange travel and event logistics
- Schedule and provide needed documentary support for meetings, including video conferences
- Process mail, correspondence and internal documentation
- Maintain hard-copy and electronic files and document management/retrieval systems
- Handle calls and requests for information
- Be the first point of contact for incoming correspondence and visitors relating to general queries and other related matters
- Manage office contacts and database information
- Provide liaison services and coordination as needed between the department and other university offices and senior leaders in Abu Dhabi or other locations including New York.
- Support and assist with various projects as required
- Establish a monitoring and status-of-work reporting system regarding ongoing office projects for which the Executive Assistant is responsible
- Prepare such information and research reports as required, including matters regarding projects, initiatives, administrative and operational matters
- Process and maintain expenses and reimbursements. Manage budget tracking and reporting
- Be responsible for expense reports in relation to procurement, purchasing and payment
- Provide overall team support and administrative provisions to assist with team efficiencies and effectiveness
- Other duties typically associated with an Executive Assistant role and that may be assigned from time to time, such as org charts, PowerPoint presentations, etc
- Manage and support any delegations and business visitors related to the Executive’s functional responsibility
- Provide business office support services for areas designated from time to time