UAE Nationals are encouraged to apply
New York University Abu Dhabi (NYUAD) seeks to appoint a Centre Administrator for our new Centre for Behavioral Institutional Design. Reporting to the Centre Directors, Co-PIs, and Assistant/Associate Director, the Centre Administrators will manage the central administrative tasks, and provide coordination and high level support. As a new Center, the type of administrative activities will vary from challenging and exciting administrative projects involving external stakeholders and impact on the UAE, to the more general administrative support required to get the Center up and running and ensuring its continuous operation.
A high degree of initiative, independence of action, and ability to achieve results without explicit guidance are expected, as is the ability to work quickly and efficiently, particularly during busy times.
- Support the Center’s leadership (Center Directors, Co-PIs, and Assistant/Associate Director) with their duties and support a broad range of key activities for the center operation such as hiring, organizing events, etc
- Manage the daily operations of the center, including budgeting and reporting
- Manage the Center administrative tasks
- Provide high level administrative support to the Center Director, Co-PIs and Assistant Director in the areas of short and long range planning; implementing and managing day to day procedures; coordinating, planning and overseeing Center operations including: scheduling; general activities; Center conferences and workshops; travel of center personnel and visitors; catering; and on-site support for both internal and external colleagues
- Maintain and manage Center financial activities and updates on finance policy; preparation of expense reimbursements; payments to vendors and individuals; ePro data entry and PO follow up; and budget tracking
- Maintain and manage Center internal and external communications and announcements; Center emails with external and internal colleagues; dynamic distribution lists; and write meeting minutes and actions items and follow up accordingly
- Assist in the development of the Center’s website, social media and media outreach and its ongoing management, as well as the development of the Center’s network
- Assist as required with complex project management and develop and implement new processes and procedures
- Procure supplies; manage room reservations; and welcome Center guests