UAE Nationals are encouraged to apply
New York University Abu Dhabi (NYUAD) seeks to appoint a Deputy Lighting Manager reporting to the Director of Production.
The position will require someone with expert knowledge of lighting equipment and systems, who is resourceful, adept at problem solving, and able to collaborate with Production and Programming staff in delivering technical support for all Arts Center productions.
The Deputy Lighting Manager will be working as a skilled technician in all aspects of technical theater to achieve the successful production results for a variety of events including dance, theater, and music productions. Primarily, with responsibility to lighting, however will work with, and support all technical departments.
- To be able to deputize for the Lighting Manager on productions and performances as required
- Work as a skilled technician in all aspects of technical theatre to achieve the successful production results for a variety of events including dance, theatre, and music productions. Principally with skills in lighting and rigging, however will work daily in all theatre departments
- Operate lighting, sound, video and stage equipment, including flying, as and when required
- To rig, focus, program and de-rig sound, video, stage and lighting equipment. In addition, supervise facility changeovers as needed
- To assist in the maintenance of the Technical Department’s equipment, with a particular focus on lighting systems
- To act as Duty Technician as and when required and supervise lighting support staff as needed supporting the use of the venues by visiting companies, rental clients, third party vendors, and crew
- To adhere to all Health and Safety procedures in order to minimize the risk of injury and accidents
- To ensure all technical areas and working environments are kept tidy and orderly, ensuring they comply with current licensing, fire and health and safety requirements
- Maintain and safeguard the lighting equipment of the Arts Center, as well as other technical assets, through the development and implementation of yearly preventative maintenance and inventories
- Perform or arrange for maintenance and repair of equipment as needed
- Apply equal standards of professionalism and excellence to all productions in the Arts Center, from student productions to world-class international productions. The Arts Center is first and foremost a teaching tool
- Be available for technical assistance in case of emergencies as necessary
- Attend all production meetings as needed
- Other duties as assigned. Willing to work weekends and evenings as required