UAE Nationals are encouraged to apply
New York University Abu Dhabi (NYUAD) seeks to appoint a Legal Counsel reporting to the Associate General Counsel for a temporary 6 month appointment.
The Legal Counsel provides legal counsel and support in multiple areas of the University's legal practice in Abu Dhabi; particularly assisting with drafting and reviewing agreements, including research and faculty agreements, and providing general legal support with respect to NYU policies and guidelines.
- Anticipate and identify legal issues and provide legal advice to management, including developing and accessing alternative solutions to accomplish management’s goals with less risk, with priority given to situations of greatest risk, significance, and time sensitivity
- Conduct legal research and analyze laws and regulations; prepare written and verbal opinions or memoranda on new and developing areas of law, as needed
- Draft, review, and approve HR and other policies and procedures, educational materials on legal issues, bylaws, template documentation and correspondence and other documents designed to assure compliance with legal requirements and with NYU/NYUAD principles and to minimize litigation and disputes
- Provide advice to NYUAD Procurement in matters relating to contract review, legal responses, opinions, and other materials related to the above; coordinate legal services to departments and divisions in regard to litigation or potential litigation matters
- Provide advice regarding IP, data security and similar issues arising out of the NYUAD’s contract review, research activities, third party collaborations, sponsored grants, publishing, media, and technology transfer activities
- Supervise outside counsel in connection with lawyer’s work activities