UAE Nationals are encouraged to apply
New York University Abu Dhabi (NYUAD) seeks to appoint an Administrative Coordinator - Executive Education reporting to the Director, Executive Education.
The Administrative Coordinator performs a wide range of clerical, secretarial and general office duties including those of a confidential nature in support of highly visible important programs. Respond to inquiries displaying a comprehensive knowledge of the department's activities, policies and programs. Interact with the general public as NYU Abu Dhabi liaison and with University personnel, faculty, and others at a senior level to resolve issues and problems. Coordinate administrative interactions among the New York and Abu Dhabi executive constituents. Monitor basic administrative operations for the Department. Prioritize office activities and delegate work to students and/or temporary employees. Customize and/or compose letters/emails on own initiative or in response to requests for information and client inquiries. Perform general word processing duties utilizing intermediate to advanced-level functions. Modify and/or creates databases and complex spreadsheets. Monitor complex department budgets and/or grants. Participate in the proposal process by creating client pricing sheets based on pre-set pricing models. Participate in managing office run events (both virtual and face to face). Provide executive calendar coordination and ensure bookings for meeting space. Provide support to the designated NYUAD Director as needed; coordinate administrative interactions among the Executive's New York and Abu Dhabi constituents; and establish basic administrative systems for the Department.
- Serve as representative with external stakeholders on behalf of the executive to represent the University in a professional manner, ensuring that the executive is relieved of as many administrative tasks as possible, adding value to ensure the executive can focus time on strategic issues
- Serve as primary liaison to the general public, students, staff and faculty on policies, procedures, programs and office activities and provide general and more specialized information on behalf of the Department and its leadership
- Respond to a variety of inquiries, resolve routine and non-routine problems, and consult with supervisors or others, as needed, on more complex issues
- Prepares profit and loss statements, balance sheets, and other documents. Advising on estimates for project/program funding. Verifies documentation, requests expenditures, and prepares disbursements. Assist with the preparation of year-end accounts
- Examine financial records to check for accuracy
- Participate in the development of a pricing model for proposed programs and prepare commercial proposals
- Issue invoices to clients. Follows up on invoice payments and settle accounts
- Monitor activity of complex department budgets and/or grants and maintain data on spreadsheets
- Submits invoices for purchasing supplies
- Compare invoices with actual expenditures and investigate and resolve discrepancies with the budget office
- Prepare and maintain expense and reimbursement records, and collects data to summarize current financial status
- Analyze data and produces routine reports
- Customizes, composes, and produces letters on own initiative or in response to administrative matters for supervisor's review and approval
- Proofreads documents for accuracy and completeness
- Perform other general word processing duties
- Creates and/or modifies databases and complex spreadsheets
- Respond to calls and requests for information
- Review and process mail, correspondence and internal documentation. Manage and support any delegations and business visitors related to the executive's functional responsibility
- Screen visitors to determine how to help or direct them to the appropriate person or office.
- Maintain hard-copy and electronic confidential files and records and document management/retrieval systems
- Maintain inventory of general office supplies
- Establish a monitoring and status-of-work reporting system regarding ongoing office projects for the office
- Manage office calendar, contacts and database information. Schedule appointments, maintain individual and/or department calendar, and make arrangements for meetings and travel and transportation to and from the University for department personal as well as instructors/faculty
- Schedule and provide support for meetings, including videoconferences. Serve as liaison and coordinate as needed between the Office of the Executive and other university offices and senior managers in Abu Dhabi
- Perform other clerical duties: product course materials, photocopy and fax materials, process forms, maintain office files and records, pick up/deliver mail and materials, etc.