UAE Nationals are encouraged to apply
New York University Abu Dhabi (NYUAD) seeks to appoint a Research Appointments Specialist reporting to the Manager, Research Appointments.
The Research Appointments Specialist will support the office of Research Appointments within the Office of Academic Appointments in the administration of research appointments at NYU Abu Dhabi.
The Research Appointments Specialist supports Principal Investigators/Hiring Managers on all research appointments activities and processes to ensure the academic success of faculty and research staff. This includes, but is not limited to hiring, appointment, re-appointment, compensation and promotion.
The Research Appointments Specialist is responsible for the coordination of research appointments activities to ensure hiring are completed in a timely manner and conducted as per established practice or guidelines.
The incumbent is expected to participate in other activities/events, researcher-data project work, recommend appropriate business process workflows, system improvement and design.
Supporting Principal Investigators/Hiring Managers
- Support Principal Investigators/Hiring Managers on all research appointments’ activities and processes
- Serve as the primary contact to advise on research appointment policies and procedures, and related policies
Hiring and Appointments
- Initiate and monitor the background clearance process for researchers, in partnership with the NYUAD Immigration team
- Compose, review, and direct distribution of all letters for new hires, and changes in employment status
- Administer the hiring process such as creation of NetIDs
- Oversee the on-boarding process for new joiners, troubleshoot on-boarding issues with HR to resolve and manage resolution
- Support promotion evaluations for researchers
- Administer compensation related issues in accordance with the approved compensation program and framework (e.g., pay adjustment, supplemental pay, etc.)
- Under the guidance of the University’s Compensation and Benefits department, provide guidelines and assistance in the administration and review of the annual performance appraisal process and the implementation of the annual employee merit increase program
- Troubleshoot pay issues and work with Payroll to resolve and manage resolution
- Manage and maintain records in employee files for researchers
- Ensure accuracy of records in Workday
- Provides employee related records as required
- Support organization, planning and execution of faculty orientation events
- Seek to continuously improve the quality and value of the Academic Appointments service provided to the University
- Contribute to any new initiatives
- Perform any other job-related duties as necessary