UAE Nationals are encouraged to apply
New York University Abu Dhabi (NYUAD) seeks to appoint a Senior Grants Administrator, reporting to the Manager, Research Administration.
This position is a key member of the university’s research operations reporting to the Manager, Post Award Administration. This position will provide oversight and support on all post award operations pertaining to the academic divisions, Research Institute, research infrastructure, external grants and other programs. The position is primarily responsible for central- and project-level financial administration of internal research funds awarded to faculty members, Research Institute center grants, and larger core research infrastructure programs, as well as external grants, ensuring grant expenditures are properly managed and reported to PIs, NYUAD leadership, and the Dean; and providing the point of contact for PIs, research support staff, and department managers. This position will also collaborate with the NYUAD Finance and Budget Office, NYU Office of Sponsored Programs and Sponsored Program Accounting to ensure compliance with established guidelines and best practices. Additionally, this position will have a supervisory role to mentor one grants administrator to support the Post Award Administration Office in budget planning, grant accounting, financial reporting, and compliance for the University’s post-award research operations.
The office is responsible for the post-award financial administration of research and creative projects at NYUAD; this includes internal research funds as well as external grants and contracts. The overall goal of this office is to facilitate the day-to-day management of research funding for faculty members and researchers, thereby optimizing scholarly productivity. The office is also responsible for the establishment and communication of effective sponsored program administration policies, procedures and systems.
Research Budget Development and Forecasting
- Working under the leadership of the Manager, Post Award Research Administration, plan and develop the annual research budget and expense projections for the division of Engineering, Research Institute and related programs. Prepare budget presentation and reports for NYUAD leadership and the Deans.
Assist the internal NYUAD research funding process as per established guidelines and best practices; Participate in developing annual and multi-year grant budgets for new faculty research awards, center grants including funding renewals, etc.
- Facilitate any administrative and financial changes to grants, conduct variance analysis, and review monthly expenditures in comparison to approved budgets and resolve budget errors.
Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual budget reports/dashboards for the Provost, NYUAD Leadership, sponsors, and the academic deans
Administer the financial analysis and budget reporting for relevant internal stakeholders
Work in partnership with the Finance & Budget Office to ensure accuracy and compliance of the research financial deliverables
Post Award Research Administration
- Oversee the post award administration of NYUAD’s research portfolio including all faculty research programs, center grants, start-up funds, Provostial Research Enhancement Funds, ER Cost sharing and other competitive grants
- Serve as the team lead for external sponsored research grants and sponsored research reporting – oversee all post award functions pertaining to sponsored research including but not limited to invoicing, timely internal/external report delivery (PI, project, sponsor, leadership) & progress reports, ROC report, award compliance, revenue reconciliation, award close out, etc.
- Collaborate with the pre-award team and the Office of Research in the budget proposal development reviews, NCE, rollover, etc. for current and new grants including centers, REFs, etc. as per established guidelines (e.g. RRC)
- Collaborate regularly with the Pre-Award team, OSP and SPA for seamless execution of external sponsored research grants and contracts; Prepare annual and final project financial reports and complete the close-out process
- Liaise with NYU SPA and external grant sponsors for carryforwards, NCEs, submission of financial reports, and close out processes
- Provide support and advice on all post-award research administration matters to divisions/departments by conducting regular meetings
- Collaborate with partners in the Office of Academic Appointments and Budget Office to maintain accurate deliverables pertaining to faculty hiring and research awards
- Use of the Grants Management system (Cayuse) and all financial systems (FAME, Project Costing, UDW+, BIA, CF authorization, Cayuse, etc.) and updating research accounts based on new awards/contracts/renewals/budget modifications:
- Assist in new grant set up & related tasks to make funds accessible to faculty/PIs in a proactive manner
- Monitor project expenditures for all research grants i.e. Faculty research, Research Infrastructure, Research Institute, external grants, infrastructure programs, etc.
- Assist in processing AHRFs & WD positions in coordination with the Office of Academic Appointments in a timely manner
- Review & process external engagement submissions
- Assist in processing summer salary in coordination with Office of Academic Appointments for Research Institute, Faculty Research, and External Grants
- Assist in processing PPTP & other student research support payments on faculty grants
- Assist faculty in Cayuse proposal submissions, prepare financial analyses, research award letter drafts and support seamless award letter approvals for faculty research funds
- Assist in reviewing and processing expense reimbursements and other routine tasks
- Resolve any accounting and reconciliation discrepancies regarding variances in projections, actuals, and budgets of all projects
- Assist in providing monthly reports to project PIs and management as required.
- Complete annual expense review for research grants as per the audit framework
- Interact regularly with and provides high quality customer service to faculty members conducting sponsored research; work closely with department leadership and PIs to assess their future direction and immediate concerns
- Maintain effective post-award records, reporting sponsored program expenditures, and the establishment of an efficient post-award infrastructure ensuring compliance with local, federal, University and sponsor requirements
- Educate/train the division administrators and faculty on post award administration policies and processes
- Perform any on-going reporting, analytical projects, and related administrative tasks on an ad-hoc basis supporting the department
- Routinely meet and alert the Manager to issues surrounding post award administration for the assigned areas of responsibility
Post award Process Improvements
- Contribute in developing research administration and expenditure policies which enable flexibility and productivity while ensuring necessary controls
- Support the enhancement of the electronic systems needs for the NYUAD post award operations. This includes Cayuse, FAME, Oracle budgeting reporting tool, Tableau, etc.
- Participate in the development of research-related policies, and reviews of the University financial-related policies that affect research