UAE Nationals are encouraged to apply
New York University Abu Dhabi (NYUAD) seeks to appoint a Class Year Experience Coordinator reporting directly to the Class Year Experience Manager.
The Class Year Experiences Coordinator is a member of Student Life, primarily supporting the Senior Year and First Year Experience programs. The position is responsible for logistical support for Marhaba, First Year Dialogue, Ma'assalama, and some Commencement activity.
In addition to providing administrative support, the person in this position will support the program development and execution of several first year programs throughout the first-year, including the city-wide scavenger hunt as well as concluding senior year activities.
This position maintains the tracking budget and expenses for multiple budget chartfields and will also be responsible for gathering data and photos for reporting purposes which will include preparing reports for both internal and external stakeholders for Student Life. The Class Year Experience Coordinator will develop and execute a training curriculum on financial literacy and financial management and will additionally support other divisional functional areas including campus pulse, identity interest group support, and student space activation.
- Drafts institutional on-boarding and off-boarding communications to first-year/senior-year students and coordinates the review and editing process with multiple stakeholders
- Works closely with Student Success and the Student Affairs Deans in advising first-year students on educational matters such as course and program selection, time-tables and scheduling, university adjustment, and study skills, and advising first-year students at risk of dropping out to aid their academic and non-academic to ensure first-year retention
- Liaise and collaborate with multiple stakeholders across the University (e.g. Events, Vice Chancellor's Office, Campus Life, Public Affairs, Office for Undergraduate Academic Development, Academic Affairs, Arts Center, IT, Library, etc.) to develop and coordinate the orientation week for the incoming class
- Coordinates with the Arts Center Marhaba sessions with panels and guest speakers as well as student leaders’ performances
- Liaise and collaborate with multiple stakeholders across the University to develop and coordinate the celebration week for the graduating class
- Represent the FYE and Marhaba team in Return to Campus and First Year Student Onboarding meetings with stakeholders from across different university functional areas
- Create website and student portal content that will be most relevant to first and senior year students and ensure it is updated regularly in preparation for onboarding
- Monitors and responds to queries for multiple aliases
- Responds to first-year student and parent inquiries regarding on-boarding
- Responds to senior student and parent inquiries regarding Ma’assalama and Commencement
- Collaborate with other departments such as Development and Alumni Relations (DARO) and Career Development Center to host programming for first-year and upper-class students
- Serves as an FYD Staff Facilitator
- Supports other divisional functional areas including campus pulse, identity interest group support, and student space activation
- Coordination of mass email for the First & Senior year classes through MyEmma marketing software
- Coordinates logistics for Marhaba and visiting student orientation, First Year Dialogue, and other student initiatives
- Collaborate with Student Life & Student Affairs staff and liaise with external vendors as needed
- Coordinates the printing of 550+ first-year student IDs and SIM cards in collaboration with Public Safety and IT and both offices heavily rely on our support) as well as collecting Media Release Forms (it was a collaboration with Public Affairs, which ended in 2019)
- Coordinates logistics for mandatory bystander intervention training with the Health Center for 550+ first-year students
- Maintains first-year student records and manages first-year parents and student lists for external mailings
- Manages first-year student lists for internal mailings and their FYD assignments
- Maintains a comprehensive Google calendar with first and senior year communications with information pertaining to the scope of communication, communication draft, concerned parties, and audience to centralize, synthesize, and streamline the communications
- Develops and maintains the schedule and guidelines for Marhaba and Ma’assalama on Guidebook
- Tracks expenses and manages payment processes and petty cash for first/senior year programs and other student activities throughout the academic year
- Compare invoices with actual expenditures and resolve discrepancies with the budget office
- Maintain expense and reimbursement records
- Serves on the emergency on-call rotation
- Applicants willingness to relocate to a reasonable proximity to NYUAD campus is preferred