UAE Nationals are encouraged to apply
New York University Abu Dhabi (NYUAD) seeks to appoint an Academic Appointments Partner reporting directly to the Assistant Director, Office of Academic Appointments.
The Office of Academic Appointments supports the academic strategy by supporting the Provost and Deans with respect to academic recruitment, appointments, reappointments, tenure, promotion, cross-school appointments, and leaves. The Office provides administrative oversight for faculty, research and academic staff evaluations and review, as well as promotion processes.
The Academic Appointments Partner supports the Dean of the Academic Divisions on all academic appointments activities and processes to ensure the academic success of faculty, academic staff and research staff within the Academic Divisions. This includes, but is not limited to faculty recruitment, faculty appointment, re-appointment, joint appointment, tenure, promotion, faculty and academic staff performance reviews, post-tenure review, sabbaticals and academic hiring processes.
The Academic Appointments Partner is responsible for the coordination of academic appointments activities to ensure review processes are completed in a timely manner and conducted as per established practice or guidelines. The suitable candidate will also support the respective Dean in the process of developing the annual academic hiring plan and the implementation and monitoring of the approved hiring plan.
The incumbent is expected to participate in other activities and events, faculty-data project work, recommend appropriate business process workflows, system improvement and design.
Supporting the Academic Divisions
- Support the Dean on all academic appointments’ activities and processes in the Division
- Assist with interpretation of policies outlined in the NYU Faculty Handbook and NYUAD guidelines
- Represents the Division through participation in Academic Appointments related meetings, discussions, and search committees
- Serve as the primary contact to advise staff within the Division on academic policies and procedures
- Oversee the on-boarding and offboarding process for new joiners in the Division
- Support recruitment activities as required
- Liaise with the Office of Post Award on faculty research funds, proposals, funds renewals, carryovers, extensions, external grants, summer salaries and others
- Providing guidance on the development of the division's annual academic hiring plan and budget and monitoring the approved plan throughout the year
- Compose, review, and direct distribution of all letters for new academic hires, and changes in employment status
- Monitor, track and facilitate timeliness of personnel actions, e.g. academic reviews
- Support academic activities such as promotion and tenure, leave, performance evaluations including extended reviews, international employment, administrative appointments and others
- Facilitate reclassification request process, seek necessary approvals and coordinate submission to HR. Provide consultation on the documentation and submission of reclassification requests
- Manage compensation related issues (e.g., pay adjustment, supplemental pay, etc.)
- Under the guidance of the University’s Compensation and Benefits department, provide guidelines and assistance in the administration and review of the annual performance appraisal process and the annual employee merit process
- Troubleshoot pay issues and work with Payroll to resolve and manage resolution
- Liaise with the Office of Research Appointments on research staff hires as required, for faculty in the Division
- Manage and maintain records in employee files for the Division
- Ensure accuracy of records in Workday
- Provides employee related records as required
- Support organization, planning and execution of faculty orientation events
- Seek to continuously improve the quality and value of the Academic Appointments service provided to the University
- Contribute to any new initiatives
- Perform any other job related duties as necessary