UAE Nationals are encouraged to apply
New York University Abu Dhabi (NYUAD) seeks to appoint an Administration Assistant reporting to the Associate Director, startAD.
The Administration Assistant will work directly with the Associate Director supporting the administrative functions across startAD. They will be responsible for operational and administrative activities to include implementing and managing day-to-day procedures; and assistance with budget management. Independently research topics, coordinate and compose background information for various activities and projects. Development of graphs, tables and other data for documents and presentations. Independently composes correspondence and Respond to inquiries displaying a comprehensive knowledge of the department’s activities, policies and programs.
This role may require providing support to educational programs offered in the evenings and weekends.
- Provide high-level secretarial and administrative support to the Associate Director, including preparation of correspondence, records and other clerical documentation on a daily basis
- Manage the diary and work schedule of the Associate Director to ensure effective time management is maintained with availability for daily meeting requirements and schedules
- Manage and organize travel for startAD team and guest speakers
- Provide Administrative support to the startAD team members including managing general startAD calendars and taking meeting minutes when needed
- Assist in organizing events and workshops held at NYUAD campus including facilities, A/V and catering requests
- Responsible for managing financial tasks including raising requisitions in e-Pro, processing invoices and reimbursements, reviewing expenses and invoices for accuracy and investigating discrepancies, and processing journal amendments
- Respond and route to general enquiries from colleagues, students and the general public
- Compose correspondence and letters
- Proofread documents for accuracy and completeness
- Perform other general word processing and data entry duties
- Work closely with and coordinate with other departments on campus to spread awareness of startAD offerings and programs
- Maintain startAD’s CRM system regularly