UAE Nationals are encouraged to apply
New York University Abu Dhabi (NYUAD) seeks to appoint an Associate Director, Academic Assessment reporting to the Vice Provost for Institutional Research, Assessment and Academic Affairs.
The position oversees assessment efforts related to the effectiveness of academic programs at NYU Abu Dhabi, providing insight to senior leadership fundamental to continuous improvement in the undergraduate academic space.
- Develops and implements innovative assessment measures that facilitate the effective implementation of the Academic Strategy in the area of undergraduate education
- Facilitate rubric creation and assessment benchmarking of Student Learning Outcomes with program and departmental leadership
- Promotes and supports the culture of critical self-evaluation and continuous quality improvement within academic programs and divisions, supporting and continuing to develop the framework of administrative support for programmatic and institutional assessment
- Work with the Hilary Ballon Center to support and guide faculty in their reflective teaching practices. Central to this is the development and preparation of formal assessments of individual teaching effectiveness culminating in periodic contributions to the Tenure and Promotion process. Ensure that faculty incorporate feedback and modify the assessment tools and/or curriculum as indicated by the results
- Manages and provides support for existing assessment tools and software.
- Independently drives the strategic development and enhancements to existing tools, while exploring and making recommendations as to alternative products and/or methodologies for assessment
- Works closely alongside the Hillary Ballon Center for Teaching and Learning to develop and execute an annual schedule of assessment workshops and other learning opportunities to foster a culture of assessment and improvement among administrators, faculty, and staff
- Works cooperatively with the academic analytics team to develop appropriate benchmarks with which to compare academic assessment measures
- Design, implement, and analyze student and alumni surveys
- Attend professional development training sponsored by the above organizations and others to ensure the current assessment practices are meeting requirements
- Coordinates and chairs the meetings of the University Quality Assurance Committee and bears responsibility to assure that the Quality Assurance activities of the University are compliant with accreditation and licensure standards