UAE Nationals are encouraged to apply.
New York University Abu Dhabi (NYUAD) seeks to appoint a Senior Accountant, reporting to the Assistant Director, Financial Accounting.
The Senior Accountant will be responsible for ensuring the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating, and entering transactions. They will be responsible for preparing journal entries, general ledger maintenance and reporting and analysis. The Senioor Accountant is responsible for the collection and analysis of all financial information at NYUAD. The candidate will be responsible to manage, monitor and maintain the fixed asset register and the asset tagging and disposal process, and they will also assist in the creation of AR invoices, collections and follow-up. The Senior Accountant is responsible for undertaking period end and year-end closing activities. Ensuring that the year-end audit process is carried out seamlessly by providing accurate information and documentation to the External Auditors. Additionally, the Senior Accountant is also expected to liaise with various stakeholders for any ad-hoc reporting requirement internally or externally.
- Verify, allocate, post and reconcile journal entries in the system and ensure accuracy of data
- Prepare timely and accurate internal and external accounting and reporting deliverables
- Record transactions to the GL through relevant systems (e.g. FAME, Asset Module, Payroll Journal)
- Maintain the GL by reviewing the entries, reconciling entries and passing adjustment journal entries
- Perform general ledger account analysis and reconciliations for both balance sheet and income statement accounts to provide supporting information for the monthly / quarterly / yearly financial GAAP and statutory financial statements
- Prepare fixed asset reconciliations on a periodic basis to ensure all fixed asset balances are accurate
- Ensure the assets are tagged as per the tagging process
- Ensure accurate depreciation and retirement of fixed assets is run in the system on a periodic basis
- Prepare various variance reports, review of PO ageing and open PO reports, and provide analysis to the Financial Accounting Manager as and when requested
- Undertake the asset disposal process in coordination with the Administration Department
- Record fixed assets in the system and update the Fixed Asset Register
- Create/ raise invoices for reimbursement, and as per the Contract
- Liaise with internal departments to obtain requirement information to raise specific invoices
- Prepare Accounts Receivable ageing and track the invoices on a periodic basis. Follow-up for the collection of amount on a periodic basis
- Review each expense incurred to ensure proper application of the account code
- Review the application of the correct Chartfield code, investigate any discrepancies and resolve the discrepancy in liaison with the relevant staff
- Perform period / year end closing activities. Perform reconciliation of all accounting transactions to ensure that they are error free and that all accounting transactions and entries are correctly captured
- Act as a facilitator for any internal or external audit teams performing finance related audits
- Ensure audit timelines are adhered to and information is provided in line with audit requirements/ requests
- Receive and resolve queries from the NYUAD community for all financial accounting transactions
- Provide trainings to the wider NYUAD community on matters related to financial management, system usage and reporting