UAE Nationals are encouraged to apply
New York University Abu Dhabi (NYUAD) seeks to appoint an Artificial Intelligence (AI) Scientist reporting to the Associate Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering; Global Network Associate Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Tandon School of Engineering, NYU.
The NYU Multimedia and Visual Computing Lab is seeking an Artificial Intelligence (AI) Scientist to work on novel research topics in our group, generate cutting-edge research ideas for top-ranking AI conferences and journals, help supervise Ph.D. students and develop the necessary skills to become an independent researcher, and file actively for AI technology and AI-related proposals. AI scientists must possess a Ph.D. degree and must have published in top-tier computer vision or machine learning venues (e.g., CVPR, ECCV, ICCV, ICML, NIPS) or in leading AI journals as premier thought leaders.
This position will be involved in frequent communication with group members regarding how to design and achieve state-of-the-art methods to deliver novel AI solutions in order to enhance the NYU Multimedia and Visual Computing Lab’s AI offerings, contribute to the AI community, help build partnerships, and add capacity and capabilities.
- Work with NYU faculty and NYU Multimedia and Visual Computing to determine cutting-edge research ideas and Design state-of-the-art solutions that best be effective and efficient
- Clearly explain and discuss with the group member about the rationalities, benefits, and acquire the ability to guide Ph.D. students to form ideas
- Summarize, evaluate, and recommend novel solutions with state-of-the-art performance, including required ongoing learning and experimentation with new technology trends, methods, and tools
- Collaborate with researchers from NYU Multimedia and Visual Computing utilizing these technologies and work with them to successfully progress methods to publication
- Stay on top of new computer vision (CV) or machine learning (ML) technologies as well as new research articles relating to CV and ML
- Design and implement our cutting-edge research ideas by conducting experiments (proof-of-concept) as well as providing rational explanations for the results
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of research trends, hardware, software, and programming skills
- Acquire in-depth knowledge of research direction offerings at NYU Multimedia and Visual Computing (such as 3D visual SLAM, 3D Point Cloud Processing, and 2D visual traffic objects detection and recognition) to meet research needs by developing state-of-the-art algorithms and methods for deep learning-driven visual computing
- Work closely with the NYU Multimedia and Visual Computing team to ensure a maximal contribution to the CV and ML research community
- Maintain the reproducibility of your newly proposed algorithms (such as maintaining a GitHub of a specific project). Present at group meetings
- Participate in the development of the proposal, outline proposal resources needs, provide timelines, gather proposal requirements and dependencies following proposal approval processes