UAE Nationals are encouraged to apply
New York University Abu Dhabi (NYUAD) seeks to appoint a Research Central Store Supervisor reporting to the Manager, Research and Chemical Store.
The position holder shall be responsible for organizing, supervising, overseeing and coordinating the daily warehouse operation and activities, including receiving, documentation, storage, safety and distribution of consumables, chemicals, biologicals, equipment and supplies as well as inventory maintenance. The incumbent will work with Research Chemical Store Chemist to manage stock levels and fill customer orders.
- Track inventory levels and Maintain 100% stock accuracy (physical v system)
- Monitoring shelve stocks and product displays, and the general appearance of the Research Central store
- Maintain stock rotation on all shelf life / expiry date products
- Ensure all items are stored in the correct storage locations and conditions
- Maintain a high standard of housekeeping within the storage area
- Maintain and track warehouse KPIs
- Monitor stock levels to identify shortfalls and surpluses and so avoid shortages
- Conducts periodic inventory count
- Uses common warehouse management systems (WMS), such as Peoplesoft inventory system
- Receive, unpack, pack, load, issue, store, and distribute consumables, materials, supplies, or equipment; complete packing slips for shipments as allocated in compliance with EHS procedures and policies, as well as the purchasing policy.
- Routing, scheduling, packing, and preparing research samples for shipment, as well as supervising delivery and pick-ups
- Ensure shipments and inventory transactions accuracy
- Supervises packaging, receiving, and shipping activities in general
- Unloading of all chemical & Biological deliveries in compliance with EHS policies and training
- Ensure all movements of chemicals and Biologicals comply with both EHS and Research Supply Chain Management (RSCM) policies and procedures
- Stocks and maintain Biologicals and Chemicals according to a prescribed inventory system
- Work with Chemical Store Chemist to record stock in the Chemtracker system
- Supervise the research central store team and manage the day to day operations
- Support, comply with, and ensure that all team members are compliant with department policies and procedures, as well as health and safety standards
- Actively Committed to team development
- To carry out any additional duties as directed by the research central store manager
- Assists the research central store manager with administrative tasks, ordering, and inventory responsibilities
Financial System Management
- Ensure all deliveries are recorded in the financial system
- Ensure all issues from all storage areas are recorded for cross charging purposes
- Maintain and create a variety of records and logs, as well as compile appropriate reports as required.
- Ensure all spill kits and First Aid kits are in place and replenished
- Ensure all central store staff are wearing appropriate PPE
- Maintain registers for accidents at work, near miss incidents and chemical / environmental spills
- Support, comply and ensure complicity with Health & Safety regulations
- Maintain strict compliance with the research central store standard operating procedures (SOP)
- Provide a safe working environment, adhering to Health, Safety and Environmental procedures and ensuring they are understood and practiced by the team at all times
- Ensure that all relevant procedures and processes are followed and adhered to in line with the NYUAD EHS procedures and requirements
- Lead follow up and resolve Customer concerns
- Sustain the corrective actions to eliminate repeat issues
- Achieve a high level of customer satisfaction by excelling in receiving, identifying, dispatching, and ensuring product quality.
- Deliver research consumables to NYUAD research community on time, every time using appropriate methods