UAE Nationals are encouraged to apply
New York University Abu Dhabi (NYUAD) seeks to appoint a Research Materials Acquisition Senior Specialist reporting to the Manager of Research Materials Acquisition.
The Research Materials Acquisition Senior Specialist will be responsible for acquiring goods and services required for the operation of research and teaching laboratories at NYUAD. Acquisitions will include laboratories’ supplies and consumables including chemicals and biologicals, equipment and related spare parts, and other goods and services up to a threshold of USD 50K per transaction. All acquisitions will be completed in compliance with the NYUAD Procurement Policy and all other applicable policies.
The role will be responsible for managing the end to end supply chain including understanding end users’ needs, obtaining quotations, evaluating offers, negotiating prices, negotiating purchase terms and conditions, raising requisitions, monitoring timely delivery against Purchase Orders (PO), interacting with vendors, and monitoring payments to vendors. The Research Materials Acquisition Senior Specialist will work closely with Procurement, Logistics, Finance, Research Imports and Exports, Faculty Admin, and others to ensure smooth operation of the supply chain process. In addition, the role will support the Research Central Store by ensuring stock replenishment orders are completed in a timely and efficient manner to ensure researchers and others have convenient access to goods required for their research activities.
- Understand end users’ needs and assist with any sourcing needs they have
- Obtain quotations, assist with offer evaluation, provide guidance on commercial aspects of the acquisitions, and ensure the process is completed in accordance with the NYUAD Procurement Policy.
- Negotiate pricing and terms and conditions to maximize the value to NYUAD up to a threshold of USD 50K per transaction
- Ensure that the end to end acquisition process is properly planned in advance to avoid unnecessary delays, including getting necessary information from vendors to obtain import and export permits as soon as feasible, coordinate with NYUAD and vendors’ logistics to avoid shipping delays, provide site prep information to end users and Laboratory Operations as necessary, and other items as required
- Seek Procurement approvals where required in accordance with Procurement Policy
- Obtain approvals from the budget-holder to proceed with raising the requisition.
- Have and develop technical and market expertise in the category, department, and/or research centers that the role will be supporting (i.e. Robotics related acquisitions)
- Propose and implement process improvement initiatives to increase end users’ satisfaction, improve the efficiency and shorten timelines throughout the acquisition process, and provide better visibility to stakeholders
Order Management and Monitoring
- Raise requisitions on behalf of end users, and ensure timely PO issuance
- Verify that all details are correct and as expected on the PO
- Keep end users informed at all times regarding the status of their orders
- Maintain a tracker of all outstanding and upcoming acquisitions with sufficient detail to keep management and end users informed of the status of the acquisition process
- Expedite the orders and improve On Time in Full (OTIF) Deliveries
- Complete the End to End order process and ensure orders are complete and closed (i.e. vendors are paid and POs are closed)
- Coordinate with the Logistics and Research, Import and Export teams for any required import, export, or other permits to ensure timely customs clearance and delivery to NYUAD
- Collaborate with Logistics / Research, Import and Exports to determine what permits and paperwork will be required prior to placing the order to reduce delivery delays associated with missing permits and paperwork
- Collaborate with the Logistics team to optimize processes to reduce lead times for delivering the goods to end-users
General and Reporting
- Preparation and creation of KPIs and monthly reports
- Propose and initiate areas of process improvement where necessary