UAE Nationals are encouraged to apply
New York University Abu Dhabi (NYUAD) seeks to appoint an Administrative Coordinator on a temporary basis, reporting to the Assistant Director of Residential Community Development and Assessment.
This position reports to the Interim Co-Directors of Residential Education with responsibilities that reach across all aspects of the Department of Residential Education, including administration, programming, housing operations, and marketing.
As an administrator in the department and a key member of the Residential Education leadership team, the Coordinator responsibilities may encompass administrative duties for the Co-Directors, managing departmental calendars and request forms, preparing reports and financial data, recruiting, selecting, and onboarding professional staff, training support staff, and establishing positive collaboration with key constituents. The position also provides opportunities to oversee community engagement initiatives, and fosters frequent and meaningful interactions with staff, faculty, and students in a variety of settings. Has some evening and weekend responsibilities.
- Assists the Co-Directors with analyzing a variety of financial records for the purpose of providing direction and support, making recommendations, maximizing use of funds, and/or ensuring overall operations are within allocated budgets
- Responsible for management of departmental invoices for Resident Assistants, Cultural Advisors, Residential Education Interns, Professional Staff, and Faculty Fellows in Residence
- Collaborates with NYUAD offices and external vendors for the purpose of implementing and/or maintaining services and programs
- Assists with reconciling purchasing card transactions for departmental purchasing card holders
- Assist the Manager in supervising the Cultural Advisor (CA) program
- Attend all Cultural Advisor meetings and events as required
- Collaborate with the Cultural Advisors in the planning and execution of events and programs
- Assist in the recruitment and training of incoming Cultural Advisors
- Professional Staff Support and Orientation
- In collaboration with the Assistant Co-Directors, organize, schedule, and communicate with candidates as part of the Professional Staff selection process
- Serve a member on the Professional Staff Recruitment and Selection committee to assist with resume reviews and screen potential candidates
- Schedule candidate interviews for internal and external candidates including those attending career placement conference(s)
- Complete all paperwork and work closely with Human Resources to publishing position vacancies, solidify contracts and immigration process (Onboarding Staff)
- Communicate with ongoing and outgoing staff and ensure transition is smooth for both employee and department
- Attended departmental meetings, hallmark events, staff celebrations, and participate in the training of the professional staff members throughout the academic year
- Manage onboarding procedures and IT processes for the new staff to ensure smooth transition to the department and university; submit requests for id access for the professional staff
- Act as communications link and support as needed between Residential Education Leadership Team and other administrators, staff, and external constituents
- Serve as a member of the Residential Education Leadership Team team and respond to multiple alias inquiries by providing resources and making referrals to appropriate parties
- Coordinate a system for efficient, timely, and collaborative responses to inquiries that come to various email aliases
- Assist with administrative elements and support for housing application and room selection processes
- Compile information for the Monthly Activity report for Campus Life and Tamkeen partners and contribute to divisional newsletters
- Gather information for Residential Education’s End of Year Report and collaborate with the Co-Directors in completing the Annual Planning Report
- Organize and maintain a photo database/system to store images from residential college and departmental events
- Manage office and technological needs, supplies for the department, and shared drives, including organization of the Google Drive
- Interpret administrative and operating policies and procedures for employees
- Otherwise manage administrative office functions for the department’s offices, exercising independence and discretion
- In conjunction with the Co-Directors, oversee the storage units procedures and communications to students
- Collaborate with Facilities and SERCO in providing services rendered
- Assign students and manage storage contracts/agreements
- Organizations, Committees, Special Initiatives, & Task Force Member
- Oversee the following Residential Education departmental-wide committees: Social Media and Marketing
- Attend all departmental and Campus Life training sessions, as required; this will include facilitating training or sharing best practices for members of the Residential Education team
- Recruit student interns via the Career Development Center’s; interns can assist with various projects throughout the year
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned
UAE Nationals are encouraged to apply
New York University Abu Dhabi (NYUAD) seeks to appoint an Environmental Health and Safety Specialist, reporting into the Director of Environmental Health and Safety.
The Environmental Health and Safety Specialist administers, and maintains programs necessary to ensure a safe and healthy working and learning environment foremployees, students, and visitors. The specialist will partner with FM, capital projects, service providers, operational and non-academic divisions, providing support, problem solving, advice and strategies that enable compliance, continuous improvement, and best practices in campus operations. The specialist will also contribute to developing progressive and transformational change in environment, health and safety across all functions of the University. The manager has stop work authority for imminent hazard situations and for repeat violations.
APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE CONSIDERED IF SUBMITTED VIA THE CAREERS PORTAL, EMAIL APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
- Provide advice, training and support to FM, capital projects, service providers, operational and non-academic divisions to facilitate and enhance EHS compliance and develop a safety culture across all levels of the university
- Complete inspections and audits of special events, operational and non-academic spaces (except labs and research areas), assign corrective measures and monitor for completion
- Develop and maintain safety related policies, procedures and programs
- Monitor the implementation of the permit to work system. Document and monitor trends of contractor/worker non-compliances. Provide continual timely updates to the EHS Director
- Assist with the maintenance of the EHS programs and databases. Manage data in safety databases/generate safety reports as needed
- Lead Contractor safety meetings
- Act a deputy in the absence of EHS Director for operational safety issues
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director and as needed to maintain effective operations
UAE Nationals are encouraged to apply
New York University Abu Dhabi (NYUAD) seeks to appoint an Executive Assistant to provide high level executive support to the Vice Chancellor, reporting to the Chief of Staff to the Vice Chancellor.
The Executive Assistant performs a wide range of clerical, secretarial and general office duties, including those of a confidential nature, that require a comprehensive knowledge of University policies, procedures, and operations and an understanding of NYU Abu Dhabi’s role within the community. The Executive Assistant exercises initiative and judgement in managing the Vice Chancellor’s schedule, ensures booking for meeting spaces, and uses discretion in sharing information to stakeholders. They interact with the general public as a NYU Abu Dhabi liaison and with University personnel including those at the senior level to resolve issues and problems.
The Executive Assistant coordinates activities within the Office of the Vice Chancellor and across administrative functions of the University, including interactions among the New York, Abu Dhabi and Shanghai executive constituents. They are responsible for the organization and coordination of office operations, procedures, and resources to facilitate organizational effectiveness and efficiency within the Office of the Vice Chancellor. This may include modifying and/or creating databases and complex spreadsheets, monitoring complex department budgets, and establishing basic administrative systems for the department.
- Provide high-level secretarial and administrative support to the Vice Chancellor including preparation of correspondence, records and other clerical documentation on a daily basis. Manage the calendar and work schedule of the Vice Chancellor to ensure effective time management is maintained with availability for daily meeting requirements and schedules. Arrange travel and event logistics. Schedule and provide needed documentary support for meetings, including video conferences. Process mail, correspondence and internal documentation. Maintain hard-copy and electronic files and document management/retrieval systems
- Handle calls and requests for information. Manage office contacts and database information. Respond to a variety of inquiries, resolve routine and non-routine problems, and consult with supervisors or others, as needed, on more complex issues. Provide liaison services and coordination as needed between the department and other university offices and senior leaders in Abu Dhabi or other locations, including New York
- Support and assist with various projects as required. Establish a monitoring and status-of-work reporting system regarding ongoing office projects for which the Executive is responsible. Prepare such information and research reports as the Vice Chancellor may require regarding projects, initiatives, administrative and operational matters
- Monitor activity of department budgets and maintain data on spreadsheets. Compare invoices with actual expenditures and investigate and resolve discrepancies with the budget office. Process and maintain the Vice Chancellor’s expenses and reimbursements. Manage budget tracking and reporting. Be responsible for expense reports in relation to procurement, purchasing and payment.
- Provide overall team support and administrative provisions to assist with team efficiencies and effectiveness. Perform clerical duties: photocopy and fax materials, process forms, maintain office files and records, pick up/deliver mail and materials, maintain inventory of general office supplies, etc. Other duties typically associated with an Executive Assistant role may also be assigned from time to time, including org charts, PowerPoint presentations, etc. Manage and support any delegations and business visitors related to the Executive’s functional responsibility
- Provide business office support services for areas designated from time to time
UAE Nationals are encouraged to apply
New York University Abu Dhabi (NYUAD) seeks to appoint a Residential College Operations Manager (RCOM) who will be responsible for managing undergraduate student housing operations and assignment processes for all the residential colleges.
As a member of the residential college leadership team, this live-in position’s responsibilities integrate operational logistics and opportunities for frequent and meaningful interactions with students in a variety of settings. This includes promoting accessibility by meeting with student groups to address inquiries related to housing assignments, billing concerns, facilities requests; providing insight for Residential Education’s occupancy projections, room change processes, check-in/opening day for returning and visiting students, room key management, policies, and procedures; assessing student trends and housing needs in the residential colleges.
The RCOM is also engaged in community development and leadership initiatives with Resident Assistants, Interns, Cultural Advisors, the professional staff team, and Faculty Fellows in Residence. They will serve on a 12-month on-call duty rotation and has some evening and weekend responsibilities.
- Serve as a member of two residential college leadership teams
- Ensure that the members of the residential college (including students, Resident Assistants, Faculty Fellows in Residence, and Residential Education professional staff) have an operating knowledge of the procedures, policies, and practices essential to the effective functioning of the residential college
- Monitor and assess student trends in the residential colleges to develop proactive solutions, best practices in order to enhance student satisfaction
- In conjunction with the RCD, communicate and explain community standards, university procedures, and regulations to residents
- Plan and execute the residential college opening and closing procedures. Maintain accurate data for early arrival/late stay students, student staff housing, required room cleanings, etc. Maintain and distribute datasets and rosters to staff and offices as needed
- Manage mass communications regarding information relevant to all residential students. Strategize and execute communication plans regarding processes including, but not limited to, housing application, check-in, check out, term transitions, and room selection
- Recruit and supervise Residential Education Interns during the Fall, Spring, and Summer Terms
- Develop communication and marketing plans to educate students about housing operations processes, timelines, and expectations; this includes utilizing social media platforms
- Assess and determine required occupancy needs in alignment with room inventory and enrollment reports from NYUAD university offices and government partners
- Coordinate with facilities regarding room occupancy, maintenance checks, room inventory, upkeep, and inspection
- Meet periodically with Facilities to ensure adequate communication about anticipated Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) procedures, and other ongoing projects
- Respond to inquiries regarding housing assignment processes, room assignments, arrival/departure procedures, and special requests. Administer necessary room changes and coordinate the Bed4Bed Exchange program. Ensures requests for information are answered efficiently and accurately
- Coordinate housing assignment needs for new students, continuing students, visiting students, and various other program groups in conjunction with Senior Leadership in Residential Education
- Collaborate with Public Safety to update student NYU ID access for the residential colleges and maintain accurate building rosters
- Liaise with NYUAD Housing about staff and FFIR apartment transitions and inventory; manage distribution and collection of apartment keys
- Administer the housing database and maintain accurate student records; provide assessment and reporting when necessary
- Update and oversee the housing application process through StarRez web software
- Assess and review housing fines with regard to late application fines, cancellation fees, and other applicable fines or fees that are submitted through StarRez
- Communicate and work with NYU Bursar and Student Finance to assess housing charges to student accounts through StarRez
- Manage the room assignment and selection processes including marketing campaigns, facilitating informational sessions, tabling, and accessibility for Google chats during the housing selection process
- Complete day-to-day tasks associated with housing assignments and billing including data entry and processing for room changes, new assignments, cancellations/termination, and billing reconciliation. Work with various database systems such as StarRez & University Data Warehouse
- Facilitate the room inventory and condition processes for the residential colleges ensuring staff and students understand their responsibility with regards to documentation and damages. Input and report room damages in StarRez
- Work with the Office of Residential Life and Housing Services (New York Campus) to update and maintain various web applications such as the Room Inventory and Condition Reporting form
- Work with Facilities to record and administer housing damage billing. Compile information, track completion, and initiate notifications to students related to damage billing processes following term or program closings. Enter billing charges as needed in StarRez. Communicate and answer questions related to damage billing and appeals
- Develop informal mentoring and counseling relationships with students
- Serve as a resource for students through the engagement of critical conversations when addressing student behavior and providing necessary referrals to assist students in making educated decisions. Specifically, respond to conduct violations in relation to housing operations administrative violations such as unauthorized room changes, damage to rooms/furniture, misuse of keys, etc.
- Provide advice and support to students with personal or interpersonal problems and refer students, as necessary, to other offices and resources at NYUAD
- Participate in the rotating 24/7 “on-call’ system, responding to student incidents, or crises such as medical, mental health, and facilities emergencies including on weekends, holidays, and after business hours in the residential college. This includes university closures and transition periods throughout the academic year
- Provide appropriate post-crisis follow up necessary to re-normalize the student’s life through advice, information, referral, and support
- Organizations, Committees, Special Initiatives, & Task Force Member
- Serves as a member or chair on departmental committees, special projects, and/or collaterals
- Attend all departmental and Campus Life training sessions, as required. This may include facilitating training or sharing best practices with members of the Residential Education team
- Assist with the recruitment and selection processes for all Residential Education student leaders including hosting information sessions, reviewing applications, acting as a facilitator in the group interview process, and conducting individual interviews
- Connect with other university offices such as Public Safety, the Health Center, and the Office of Student Success & Well-being on students of concern, and make referrals when deemed appropriate
- Maintain partnerships with other university offices and departments to identify collaboration opportunities, inform students of relevant information, and offer/solicit support for community efforts
- Represent the department as a member of university-wide committees as well as participate in staff training and development opportunities offered by Residential Education and other campus departments
- The RCOS is encouraged to maintain involvement at the regional, national, and international levels within professional development organizations, as well as attend local, regional, and national conferences. They will keep up-to-date on current literature
UAE Nationals are encouraged to apply
New York University Abu Dhabi (NYUAD) seeks to appoint a Typist reporting to the Manager, Immigration Services.
The incumbent will join an established an immigration services and operations team to set up a PRO typing center based on Campus. The incumbent will be primarily responsible for providing customer service and administrative support in relation to immigration, labour and other government related requests of employees and students at the University.
- Type visa and other immigration applications in Arabic into the online government immigration systems
- Prepare letters or other requested correspondence documents in Arabic
- Arrange for translation of documents into Arabic from the legal translation office
- May translate simple documents into Arabic or English on an as needed basis
- Monitor and reassign cases from the Abu Dhabi Immigration mail inbox
- Coordinate with PROs and updates the immigration tracker on a daily basis
- Send immigration updates or generate reports from the tracking system
- Receive and returns passports and other immigration related documents back to employees
- Maintain an electronic log and database of processed visas, passports, Emirates IDs, insurance cards
- Keysimmigration data into the system
- Prepare expense claims
- Maintain the list and tracks leavers against staff registered for trade licenses purposes
- Provide advice on basic queries or escalates more complex issues to the management
- Assist with updating immigration documents, processes and procedures
UAE Nationals are encouraged to apply
New York University Abu Dhabi (NYUAD) seeks to appoint an experienced Talent Acquisition Specialist. The Talent Acquisition Specialist will be responsible for assisting and supporting the Talent Acquisition team with the end-to-end non-faculty recruitment and selection process for NYUAD.
The Specialist will serve as consultant to assigned NYUAD departments and administrative offices on all recruitment-related matters: advise on recruitment issues and strategies, ways to effectively utilize Applicant Tracking System, cost effective advertisement approaches, and interpretation of human resources and University policies and procedures, legal requirements and best employment practices.
- Conduct end-to-end recruitment and selection activities for assigned positions by providing effective services to hiring managers and candidates. Working with the hiring managers, qualify, interview and recruit talent for NYUAD to manage the complete recruitment cycle. Subject matter expert in certain areas within resourcing including direct recruiting, sourcing, and talent pools. Develop successful working relationships with the wider recruitment community, HR teams and NYUAD community, demonstrating a deep understanding of the requirements of the business area. Consulting, advising and challenging the hiring managers on the selection of candidates throughout the end-to-end process
- Create talent pools of National Talent that can be utilized by other members of the Talent Acquisition team in their competitive searches
- Provide systems support to employees and candidates, responding to questions and researching and resolving issues as needed
- Prepare recruitment related metrics, including monthly, annual and ad hoc reports. Coordinate with recruitment vendors (i.e. advertisers, external job boards, background check vendor and temporary agencies).
- Assist in developing recruitment training tools, programs and other necessary requirements to ensure Hiring Managers are equipped with correct recruitment practices
- Other projects and tasks as assigned
UAE Nationals are encouraged to apply
New York University Abu Dhabi (NYUAD) seeks to appoint a Manager of Employee Relations, reporting to the Director of Employee Relations.
They will be required to assist and support in managing the Employee Relations portfolio at NYUAD. You will be required to maintain and promote a positive work environment, foster employee engagement, promote and ensure fair and equitable treatment of all employees, and to minimize potential liability for the University, thereby minimizing/eliminating workplace impediments and problems.
They will support the Director of Employee Relations in shaping the strategic direction of the Employee Relations Department. You will assist in the management and resolution of Ad Hoc HR queries & issues working in collaboration with various HR teams, to facilitate the interface between HR and employees. They will balance their time between projects and crisis-response, proactively partnering with leadership, HR Business Partners, and HR teams to create and sustain positive employee relations programs and best practices. You will also work reactively on critical employee relations issues as they arise that are highly sensitive and confidential, and typically can only be successfully completed with limited time.
- Manage grievances and concerns by evaluating claims and gathering required information, facilitating discussions and finalizing concerns/claims by either informal or formal resolution
- Ensure compliance with policies, contractual provisions, and consistent practices, and provide direction throughout grievance process to all relevant parties
- Engage in negotiations and interpret and uphold policies and contract provisions
- Maintain employee relations case documentation, information regarding grievances, etc.,
- Provide weekly updates to the Director of Employee Relations and prioritize work accordingly
- Manage and conduct investigations of employee misconduct and other inappropriate workplace behavior and policy violations
- Produce quality oral and written work presenting matters clearly and concisely and provide a clear message to ensure understanding of the findings and to make suggestions for corrective actions.
- Provide Employee Relations Advisory services and counsel to managers and employees on performance management, conflict resolution, reorganizations, progressive discipline, formal grievance procedure/ mechanism and other employment matters
- Counsel supervisors and employees on preventing and resolving routine to increasingly complex employee relations matters; mediate disputes; prepare related documentation.
- Participate in developing and delivering employee relations training programs including new employee orientation
- Provide advice, counsel and support for management and HRBPs on appropriately handling employee relations concerns whilst ensuring compliance with relevant policies; participate in developing and delivering workshops for supervisors and employees on ER matters
- Manage NYUAD’s disciplinary process to ensure adherence to University policies and legal requirements
- Guide and counsel supervisors and HRBPs in handling disciplinary matters and investigations; prepare recommendations on appropriate follow up action
- Coordinate University’s efforts in any mediation and litigation matters related to employees matters
- Partner with legal counsel as needed
- Manage, initiate and facilitate to completion the separation process for leavers of various types
- Work with employees, supervisors, HRBPS’s and various administrative units internal and external to HR to ensure the separation process is completed effectively
- Conduct exit interviews and analyze data and trends to develop ways to improve employee retention and engagement
- Monitor current trends and assist with improving/introducing employee relations policies and best practices as appropriate
- Track completion of Probationary Reviews and monitor any issues requiring follow up measures
- Report on the process by preparing metrics
- Evaluate individual reports and expedite necessary actions to resolve issues and track results for a timely resolution
- Ensure compliance regarding time-sensitive matters, (e.g. not satisfactorily completing probationary review, separation process, final payments, etc.)
- Provide advice, counsel and support to managers, HRBPs and employees on reorganizations & restructures
- Manage, initiate and facilitate to completion roles that have been identified as redundant
- Partner with employees, HRBP’s, supervisors and various administrative units internal and external to HR to ensure the Redundancy process is completed effectively
- Develop and implement separation proposals, communication strategies and hold redundancy meetings with employees
- Prepare case files for claims made with the Ministry of of Human Resources and Emirtization Labour (“MOHRE”), working with various entities within the University including the General Council, Government relations and Immigration
- Attend cases at the MOHRE on behalf of the University
- Ensure all ER cases are managed in compliance with UAE Labour Law
- Monitor current best practices in employee relations as appropriate
- Review current polices and introduce employee relations policies, procedures and toolkits that reflect best practice to sustain positive employee relations
- Partner with HR teams in developing new policies and procedures that contain employee relations matter
UAE Nationals are encouraged to apply
New York University Abu Dhabi (NYUAD) seeks to appoint an Assistant Dean of Administration to the Associate Vice Chancellor of Student Affairs and Dean of Students (AVC/DOS) to work closely with the Campus Life Senior Leadership Team and other university departments to provide strategic and operational support for the AVC/DOS, and assist in managing a wide variety of stakeholders, critical issues, ad-hoc projects, and communications that relate to the Division of Campus Life. This role, reporting directly to the AVC/DOS, will collaborate with a wide variety of internal stakeholders to design and implement the priorities and direction of the AVC/DOS.
The Assistant Dean of Administration will provide leadership, coordination, and oversight for the Dean of Students Office – including guiding administrative, communication, policy, and organizational matters under the direction of the AVC/DOS. This role will proactively cultivate relationships with students, faculty, and staff in order to serve as a conduit to the AVC/DOS, and will partner with Campus Life leadership to address timely and sensitive issues. The Assistant Dean of Administration will also represent the AVC/DOS and the Division on university committees / working groups and will coordinate key Division-wide communications, in consultation with the Office of Public Affairs.
The Assistant Dean of Administration will assist the AVC/DOS with coordination of the Campus Life Senior Leadership Team, including managing agendas, planning retreats, internal policies, and recruitment/hiring (as needed). This role will serve as an advisor to the AVC/DOS on an expansive variety of organizational, operational, and strategic issues, and will partner with the AVC/DOS to identify and execute projects that support the priorities and mission of both Campus Life and NYU Abu Dhabi.
This role is far-reaching in its responsibilities and there will be opportunities for the Assistant Dean of Administration to develop their specific responsibilities to match their experiences and interests. As a member of the Campus Life Senior Leadership Team, the Assistant Dean of Administration must set a positive example for others and represent the Division with other key stakeholders, including University leadership, government partners, NYU colleagues, and students and families.
The Assistant Dean of Administration is an active contributor to University and Division-wide programs, including admissions events, new student orientation, student leadership training, athletic programs, and more. This role requires frequent evening and weekend activities throughout the academic year.
New York University Abu Dhabi (NYUAD) is a central part of NYU’s global network, marked by a uniquely international student population (100+ nationalities); a rigorous, liberal arts and science academic program; and a location at the crossroads of the Arab world. We are a highly diverse community that shapes and examines issues of common humanity through multicultural perspectives; recognizes that the breadth of an education here extends far beyond the classroom and the campus; sees students themselves as educators; and recognizes that true engagement with the breadth of our diversity requires curiosity, humility, and engagement with contrasting views and values.
NYUAD’s Division of Campus Life brings together multiple functional areas within student affairs – including cultural engagement, spiritual life, student involvement, community outreach, career development, athletics, residential education, fitness, student conduct, health and wellness, accessibility services, and more – to provide students with the structure, resources, and support to maximize their educational experience and reach their full potential. The Division of Campus Life plays a crucial role in shaping the out-of-classroom experience for a highly diverse (the vast majority of students from outside the region) residential population of 1500+ undergraduate students. The Division is led by the Associate Vice Chancellor of Student Affairs and Dean of Students (AVC/DOS), who provide strategic direction and oversight of Campus Life programs, services, and engagements.
Stakeholder and Issue Management / Dean of Students Office
- This role will develop relationships with key stakeholders, including students, staff, and faculty, from across the institution through multiple platforms (i.e. focus groups, forums, meetings, etc) to enhance internal outreach, gather feedback, and inform AVC/DOS priorities. This role will serve as the lead for the Dean of Students Office, where s/he will assess, prioritize, troubleshoot, and resolve an expansive set of issues and projects before they escalate to the AVC/DOS. This role will provide oversight and guidance for the Dean of Students Office staff, with particular attention to aligning the team’s work with the priorities of the AVC/DOS
- This role will supervise an Office Manager/Executive Assistant and partner with them to help the AVC/DOS manage competing priorities and ensure operational effectiveness
- This role will undertake a variety of cross-functional responsibilities for the Campus Life Division on behalf of the AVC/DOS, closely collaborating with colleagues in risk management, compliance, legal, dining, campus operations, finance, bursar, registrar, IT, human resources, and business continuity to ensure that the operational priorities of both students and the AVC/DOS are represented. This role will represent the Campus Life Division and the AVC/DOS in resolving challenges and enhancing operational effectiveness in close collaboration with students and Campus Life colleagues
- This role will work closely with Campus Life leadership on fiscal affairs, budget preparation, and operational planning – including working closely with the AVC/DOS to identify headcount / staffing needs, implement organizational changes, and ensure that the mid / long term needs of the Division are properly accounted for in institutional planning
Strategic Communications & Projects
- Play a lead role in the development and execution of strategic communications, in close consultation with the AVC/DOS and Public Affairs, on a wide variety of topics and issues. Partner with colleagues to identify and leverage opportunities to articulate the priorities, mission, and impact of Campus Life to internal and external audiences. Represent the priorities of the AVC/DOS on a wide variety of strategic and policy-related issues
- Work on behalf of the AVC/DOS to conceptualize, lead, and implement ad-hoc projects that support the mission and priorities of the Campus Life Division and broader university. Build consensus among internal stakeholders in the execution of a wide range of projects that require tact, independent judgment, diplomacy, flexibility, and sensitivity
Coordination of Campus Life Senior Leadership Team
- In close consultation with the AVC/DOS, provide operational and strategic support for the Campus Life Senior Leadership Team. This includes managing agendas and action items; ensuring effective communication across units; identifying and resolving issues or concerns that relate to the AVC/DOS; planning meetings/retreats that drive the effectiveness of the team; and cultivating strong, positive relationships with each department head
Contribute to Division and University Programs/ Events
- Collaborate with Campus Life and University colleagues to support the planning and/or execution of programming, events, and activities. This includes weekend and evening commitments during the academic year, and includes representing the Campus Life Division and/or the AVC/DOS
UAE Nationals are encouraged to apply
New York University Abu Dhabi (NYUAD) seeks to appoint an Assistant Director of Admissions.
The Assistant Director of Admissions is responsible for front-line undergraduate student outreach, recruitment, evaluation, retention, and yield activities for NYUAD. Successful execution of those responsibilities will result in an increase of viable applicants and matriculated students.
This position focuses on recruitment outside the UAE and will involve some travel to the designated territory to be determined upon joining.
Recruitment & Outreach:
- Work with admissions staff to plan, implement and participate in a variety of recruitment events including, education fairs, school visits, stakeholder meetings, and secondary counselor/educator events
- Conduct outreach at secondary schools outside the UAE targeting top students who fit NYUAD’s admissions criteria
- Establish and maintain relationships with counselors and administrators at secondary schools to identify and recruit top students to make applications to NYUAD. Advise prospective students and parents on the application process and all aspects of the NYUAD student experience.
Admissions selection process:
- Work with admissions colleagues in Abu Dhabi and New York to represent characteristics of top students from high schools, and advocate for these students during the admissions process and Candidate Weekends
- Act as a first-reader of applications during the admissions process to highlight potential candidates for Candidate Weekend invitations and acceptance to NYUAD
- Inform admissions colleagues of contextual information relevant to a student’s file based on their high school background and curriculum
Follow-Up & Yield:
- Follow up with applicants and counselors regarding completion of nominations, applications, and financial aid applications
- Follow up with admitted students to encourage a 100% yield
- Sensitively handle situations with parents, students, or counselors regarding a student who is not offered admission
On-Campus admissions representation and advising:
- Participate in organizing and hosting on-campus events such as workshops, info sessions, and campus tours
- Speak with visitors to the campus about admissions- and university-related topics including the curriculum, financial aid, applying, faculty, extracurricular life, and other opportunities for students
- Support the implementation of Candidate and Counselor Weekends
- Participate in various NYUAD admissions-wide trainings and strategic planning sessions in New York or Abu Dhabi. Support other offices on campus with events related to the NYUAD campus community (such as Marhaba, Parent Marhaba, and Commencement)
UAE Nationals are encouraged to apply
New York University Abu Dhabi (NYUAD) seeks to appoint an Assistant Director, Learning and Organizational Development (L&OD) reporting to the Director, Learning & Organizational Development. The Assistant Director will be responsible for evolving NYUAD culture and processes including talent management, leadership, employee experience, performance and Organizational Development. The Assistant Director role is crucial to develop talent and organizational strategies that will ensure leadership continuity, development and career growth for employees.
Works in close partnership with HR and leaders to drive talent, learning and development priorities in the context of NYUAD mission, vision and goals. This includes: Working with the CHRO, HR Business Partners, COE’s and University Leadership Teams to design, lead and execute impactful talent and leadership strategies and programming. Leads key work streams relating to Talent Review, Performance Management, and Succession Management to ensure they aligned with NYUAD future needs, and launched ensuring stakeholder buy in and adoption.
Consults and collaborates with The Office of the CHRO, HRLT, HRBPs and functional leaders on strategies for improving engagement, capability and team performance. Conducts organizational and capability needs analyses, and designs proposed solutions through targeted learning, change and organizational development strategies. Develops relationships with faculty in order to create synergies and opportunities for learning, leadership development, inclusion and career management.
Analyzes, designs and develops talent management ecosystem to inform succession planning, retention and talent development strategies. Partners with internal stakeholders to deliver effective workforce planning and retention for staff and designs programs that proactively improve inclusion and diversity goals. Partners with Talent Acquisition and HRBP to provides insight and action on UAE National Talent agenda, workforce planning and succession management.
Executes engagement analysis, including surveys, focus groups and needs assessments to develop employee experience action plans in partnership with key stakeholders. Influences and develops leaders to promote a performance culture through effective utilization of tools and resources
Manages complex matrix relationships to leverage insights, and solutions that serve needs of a diverse set of stakeholders. Leads change, and actively contributes to organization design for future proofing structures and resource planning. Provides organization development support and capability building in conjunction with HRBP.
Analyzes employee data including key metrics in order to design and implement relevant programming and learning and capability interventions. Diagnoses development needs and executes a comprehensive development strategy inclusive of individualized learning, virtual classroom learning, team building and other learning methods.
Serves as a global and/or regional facilitator for core leadership and capability offerings for global NYU sites, including US and Europe.
Ten years ago, NYU Abu Dhabi opened with an ambitious vision to be one of the world’s great research universities addressing complex challenges of local and global significance. Since then, the University has established more than 80 faculty labs and projects, and 14 distinctive research centers led by accomplished thought leaders from more than 45 countries. Cross-pollination of ideas and investment in state-of-the-art research technologies are key to NYU Abu Dhabi’s continued growth across key interdisciplinary research areas including bio-innovation and health, space exploration, cities, culture and heritage, environmental sustainability, and governance and peace.
Our faculty, staff, and students are a microcosm of Abu Dhabi itself, coming from across the globe to add their own flavor into this fertile cultural mix, united in a common belief in the value of a liberal arts education, of the benefits a research university brings to society, a conviction that interaction with new ideas and people who are different is valuable and necessary, and a commitment to educating true citizens of the world. As a center for scholarly thought, advanced research, and knowledge creation and exchange, there are few places like it.